Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 456 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 25, 2011
troll #764: accomplished

1328363126399.png

Suuuuuure...

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
That's something any electronic WMS system would never allow and any audit would catch. It's down-right criminal to ignore both. Also, the specs are so well below their actual limits to avoid liability that it would have to be way beyond simply overloaded. It didn't take much room to get the speed necessary to take out that corner, so it looks like it wasn't even anchored to the floor. When it hits the rack on the right, it looks like the whole rack moves right as one piece, so they must not be. I wonder what backwards country without a OSHA equivalent allows that.

In short: Rack FAIL and not entirely lift driver FAIL. The nature of what they do means that they run into this stuff all the time and it's supposed to tolerate it safely.

Racks assembled incorrectly. That's what it looks like to me.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
No.

Apple remotes have to be paired with the machine. Hold it a couple inches in front of the receiver (center line, below the screen on an iMac... not sure where they are on a Macbook) and hold the center button down for X seconds. (X=10 iirc.)

Then they only work with that machine until paired with another.

Just another example of an Apple Basher without a clue.

You really want to have fun, telnet into an HP printer in the office, start a firmware update, then close the terminal connection. Instant paperweight where a printer used to be.

Fix by reapplying the firmware update.
All Apple remotes send each command as [[unique ID],[command]]. I only have experience with the Apple Universal Dock. If Apple computers are like Apple docks, they respond to any remote by default unless you deliberately configure it to respond to a specific remote.

Last edited:

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Yes, it did. Specifically that this happened in Russia so the racks aren't subjected to the same requirements as they would be in the US.
Uh huh... And since your link shows none of that and since you don't know that there are differing standards and since there are no arguments to be made regarding rack standards vis a vis torque-pressure, but only distributed load-pressure, my point that your link doesn't answer the questions stands.

funny-dog-pictures-how-a-dogs-brain-works.png