Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 450 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
5CaDC.jpg

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I was confused since this thread's inception over its title's meaning, and when someone posted that Hume was short for humor I was like "Oh, duh, why didn't I get that?", and now you guys are telling me that that isn't the case? :colbert:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Did his head get toothpaste?
Amazingly, this one wasn't:
Josh Wainwright became a living testimony for the value helmets during the British Superstock 600 recently. The rider put his bike down on the 11th lap just ahead of Johnny Bradshaw. With nowhere to go and no time to get there, Bradshaw literally drove over Wainwright's head with his motorcycle, catapulting both riders down the track.

Miraculously, Wainwright escaped the off with nothing more than a cracked rib and a broken collarbone. Bradshaw walked away without serious injury as well.

Any impact to the head involving that kind of velocity typically brings about neck injury concerns, but Wainwright seems to have avoided that peril. You can check out the video below for yourself to see just how close both Wainwright and Bradshaw came to having significantly worse days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx_fz9o7T4M

Never tried making an animated .gif before last night, here's what I came up with:

nEupd.gif

this is just a silly old wordplay joke based on the "let the chips fall where they may" saying, it occurred to me a few years ago and when I considered the suitability of that scene in Predator, I decided to try making the .gif.

Getting the various chimps cut out and falling at a good rate, etc... was tough. I ended up using Easy Gif Animator and Paint Shop Pro 7 (which i've used for years) on this. Hope it amuses.
Text needs to be white/black bordered like image macro memes typically are. Easy to do with GIMP.

Oh people of walmart...

3771.jpg
'shopped.

Not cute, not funny, and if the idiot driving that car in rush hour traffic gets in an accident I hope they get sued into oblivion and thrown in prison for negligent and reckless driving. I hope the dog doesn't end up paying by going through the windshield.

Unless you are advocating a dog harness seat belt, going through the window would be better than the alternative.

Last edited: