Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3892 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Cute, we've got a clutch (earth? leash? skulk?) of yearling foxes living under our shed, I've seen 4 (it was at least 5 last year when they were newborns). They like to bring me gifts in the form of deer, bird, and racoon remains.
Two of my cats watching one of them.
View attachment 80908
View attachment 80910
Don't mind the fuzziness, zoomed in phone camera 'reinterpreted' by telegram compression. That shot was from ~30' away, this one is probably tamer than it should be.
View attachment 80909
We have a gray fox den on our land. The gray foxes are mostly nocturnal but we do occasionally catch them on camera in the day. We've never spotted one in person as they are very shy. We have a good idea where the den is but leave the area alone as we don't want to harass them. We don't have any red foxes.

1684763154566.png

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I assumed it was bullshit but apparently not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_(Swindon)

I was expecting a 'reception' section with a single line saying, "local residents hate it" :)
It brings to mind a Douglas Adams line from Dirk Gently
" He had extracted himself from the Cambridge one-way system by the usual method, which involved going round and round it faster and faster until he achieved a sort of escape velocity and flew off at a tangent in a random direction, which he was now trying to identify and correct for."

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
ea89JcL.jpeg
This is what you call "bait".

Reactions: zinfamous

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
We have a gray fox den on our land. The gray foxes are mostly nocturnal but we do occasionally catch them on camera in the day. We've never spotted one in person as they are very shy. We have a good idea where the den is but leave the area alone as we don't want to harass them. We don't have any red foxes.

View attachment 80917
54IUHZ3.jpeg

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I assumed it was bullshit but apparently not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_(Swindon)

I was expecting a 'reception' section with a single line saying, "local residents hate it" :)

It needs this guy as an inset.

"yo dawg, I heard you like roundabouts..."

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
*examines badgina*

The Order of the Secret Cervix! Egads man, watch yourself. They'll riddle you with crossbow bolts while burning down your house. Anyone wearing such insignia mustn't be trifled with.

Things could get hairy.

Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

View attachment 80917

I would try and post pictures of my backyard groundhog, but man...that thing is dumb, uninteresting, and depressingly urban, haha.

anyway. I did have to comment because I did catch 2 grey foxes in the same backyard, about 3 years ago, early morning. It was the strangest thing because it took me hours to sit down and figure out what it was, haha. Because they had that cat-dog-racoon-wrong-time of day-and-stature-and just weird way it pauses and looks. Pretty clear a fox to me, but I just assumed young red fox. jubi coat. seemed appropriate, time of year. ....which is when I then learned that the typical red fox actually doesn't have a juvi coat. it just looks like a miniature adult (As in [DHT]Osiris's pics above).

Then discovered the grey fox in my little catalogue and sure as shit, that's what it was. Only minutes though, so no thought to go grab a camera. I just like to observe, anyway. Never saw them again. A few turkeys, also, same back yard. Crazy, because it's pretty much city back here but there are some swampy areas, so the wildlife still gets through. Can hear the coyotes pretty regularly, but I've sure as shit not seen one. I don't expect I will)