Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3341 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
NuO6hiU.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Shows you're thinking. Having a fuselage around you would help for the initial strike probably. I don't know how high up that was, but it wasn't much, zero time to avoid or recover. A gull sized bird in your lines or in your face would probably equal death at that speed. Imagine if you clipped a Canada goose. He'd be trying to kill you before the ground did.
A single large bird would take this down, so I quit putting myself in those situations. It was fun though, top of the green arc is 182 knots, it would exceed that straight and level @75% power.
Cross a ridgeline and push over to zero Gee and close the throttles.
P1010298.jpg

Reactions: highland145

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
A single large bird would take this down, so I quit putting myself in those situations. It was fun though, top of the green arc is 182 knots, it would exceed that straight and level @75% power.
Cross a ridgeline and push over to zero Gee and close the throttles.
P1010298.jpg
Piper Twin Comanche? My Dad used to sell Beechcraft and Piper planes late '60s - early '80s in the Philippines.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Cessna 310C
I had a friend with a Twin Comanche. Smaller lighter plane with 160 HP Lycoming 4 cylinder engines, most were counter-rotating.
The -C 310's were the last of the straight tail tuna tanks, with the first 260 HP injected Continental 6 cylinders.
The one I flew was like a Shelby Mustang.
This aviation guru Jack Riley modified several different aircraft and certified the modifications. His modded aircraft were Riley Rockets, and this one had 4 Rayjay turbochargers added, extra fuel tanks, virtually no exhaust system due to the turbo mod.
This was done for high altitude photogrammetry missions over much of the west. It had a large format motorized camera system with an intervalometer and sighting system mounted at some large holes cut through the fuselage aft.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I just...don't think this is real? Or maybe it's just sped-up a bit?

Something ain't right in certain ways....

I've seen enough similar video to not have much doubt this is real. You never know though fakes ARE getting really good!

Heck I've seen guys do that crap in a wing-suit which somehow FEELS even more dangerous to me. I have also seen video of a guy in a wingsuit hitting a bridge .... and vaporizing.

Despite this I COMPLETELY understand people doing this kind of stuff. IMO life isn't worth $hit on a stick if you don't get to feel fully alive sometimes. Going out doing something thrilling that you love sounds a lot better to me then slowly wasting away in hospice.

It really is better to burn out then fade away! ;)

Last edited:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
What's going on with that tiger? Looks like it's carrying a frisbee. Probably just wants someone to throw it for him.
I was wondering that myself. Couldn't quite make it out. Figured it was one of those reusable totes. Good for the environment & all.

Reactions: lxskllr

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Where I live there are loads of hawks and owls, I spot them almost daily. Been seeing a lot of this in the spring and early summer, when there are nests to guard. Gotta say I am continually amazed by redwing blackbirds who, like that rider in that pic, often perform hazardous feats of not giving fucks.