Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3335 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
with those driving skills, or lack thereof, I would rather they drive something small and unsafe. At least it gives people they hit a better chance.

Claims are that the Smart Dumb Car is safe in a crash because it has an insanely strong passenger-cage.

:rolleyes:

(apologies for the crappy video)

Problem is with a crumple zone that makes my Honda Fit look positively beefy in comparison, the CAR itself may not be crushed but you will be reduced to paste because that energy has to go someplace. (physics is a bitch)

The "Dumb" also costs the same/more then a Civic or a Corolla last time I checked and aside from being easier to park is a total joke with poor handling/ride, no interior/baggage space, poor reliability and gas mileage. (ALSO 3-lug wheels wtf!)

What's not to like? o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: rise and Zorba

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Fgyc9WC.jpeg

Nov 8, 2012
LOL this was fucking hilarious - State of Arkansas made a video on taking the vaccine, and wanted to relate to... you know... a certain demographic in order to find their appeal.

"A Hustler working sales on the street" lol

Government workers man. Only they can be stupid enough to actually think this was a good idea.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Claims are that the Smart Dumb Car is safe in a crash because it has an insanely strong passenger-cage.

Problem is with a crumple zone that makes my Honda Fit look positively beefy in comparison, the CAR itself may not be crushed but you will be reduced to paste because that energy has to go someplace. (physics is a bitch)

The "Dumb" also costs the same/more then a Civic or a Corolla last time I checked and aside from being easier to park is a total joke with poor handling/ride, no interior/baggage space, poor reliability and gas mileage. (ALSO 3-lug wheels wtf!)

What's not to like? o_O
The power of numbers. It's as if numbers themselves give a force of authority that is not there. Smart Cars may have safety ratings but at the same time, Mass and acceleration matter when steel cans on the road hit each other.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

What's not to like? o_O
Yeah, every time I've looked into them Ive been stunned at the price and the lack of mileage.

Much better of getting a Fiesta or Fit.

Reactions: Captante