Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3036 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
SM4kwG5.png

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
How so? The tractor driver failed to yield the right of way pulling onto the road. He didn't even check for traffic before entering the road. Fortunately for his passengers, he lost traction coming up the incline or they would have taken the hit.

Umm, the guy could have slowed down and stopped? He had ages to do so when he saw the tractor was right in the middle of the road not stopping.

He chose to plow through for no reason risking potentially killing the guy on the tractor. So I guess if you have right of way it means right to kill?

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
How so? The tractor driver failed to yield the right of way pulling onto the road. He didn't even check for traffic before entering the road. Fortunately for his passengers, he lost traction coming up the incline or they would have taken the hit.
Exactly, you can tell from the video that he was messing with the gearing on the tractor while making the incline and was not looking for oncoming traffic.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Exactly, you can tell from the video that he was messing with the gearing on the tractor while making the incline and was not looking for oncoming traffic.

Does that mean you can plow through someone when you had a very generous amount of time to stop?

I guess if you have right of way its ok to plow everyone right on through without any regard for safety, regardless if you are not initially in the wrong.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Umm, the guy could have slowed down and stopped? He had ages to do so when he saw the tractor was right in the middle of the road not stopping.

He chose to plow through for no reason risking potentially killing the guy on the tractor. So I guess if you have right of way it means right to kill?

I can't entirely decide about that one - seems like both of them were inept, though tractor guy more obviously so. The car driver could have done a lot better at slowing down or just veering around, but the tractor driver just didn't look, which is extraordinarily stupid. I mean, I can't believe the car driver _chose_ to smash into the tractor, he likely wrecked his own vehicle in doing so, after all. But seems to me as if he could have reacted quicker or more effectively.

Surely what we don't know is if the car driver was speeding in the first place. Just possibly the tractor guy wasn't expecting traffic on that road to be going at that speed?

Fortunate that nobody seems to have been hurt, though. And tractor guy probably deserved the loss of his tractor.

Reactions: Artorias

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Was hoping someone would get it

look at the bones!

Was the first thing it bought to mind - but turns out, if Wikipedia is to be believed, that it is literally the case that one inspired the other (um, the carving inspired the movie, I mean, not the reverse)

The tale of the rabbit has a parallel in the early story of the Roman de Renart in which a foe takes hubristic pride in his defeat of a ferocious hare:[14]

Si li crachait en mi le vis Et escopi par grant vertu[15]
The idea for the rabbit in the movie was taken from the façade of the cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris. This illustrates the weakness of cowardice by showing a knight fleeing from a rabbit.[16]

Reactions: Leymenaide

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

So .... mobile-enema service ?? :p

It's about 75% on the driver of the tractor. Failure to yield to oncoming traffic when entering a roadway is pretty cut and dried. The guy didn't even raise his eyes till it was too late.

However the car driver didn't even attempt to stop which could be viewed as negligence.

Last edited: