Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2988 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Point taken. I thought it was funny.

It could be funny...it's just funny needs to have some truth to it. Even if that were the government's consistent message, it wouldn't really be comparable because masks actually do work, very effectively.

eh, I'm nitpicking.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
LVKfoD7.jpeg

stargazr

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2010
It could be funny...it's just funny needs to have some truth to it. Even if that were the government's consistent message, it wouldn't really be comparable because masks actually do work, very effectively.

eh, I'm nitpicking.
Yeah, you're right. It doesn't hold up to analysis. I don't always think so much about what makes me laugh. I actually believe in wearing a mask, and do so in public FWIW..
The best memes have a real thoughtful point underneath and that's what really makes it work.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
how does it swim straight up and around like that with barely any propulsion--I see one casual tail flip but nothing else as it swims around the loop. Is that some magic that seals do, or does that loop have some sort of current pushing through it?

Pretty sure it's just neutral buoyancy, momentum and being rrreally slippery when wet. I know sea lions can cover a lot of water with very little effort if they want to, I'm guessing seals are similar in that regard even if not as idk, athletic?