Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2788 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
oznpzyjj50y41.jpg

Nov 8, 2012
lots of people use telephone banking.

Go to a grocery store customer service desk... Theres still people that pay things like their bills (utilities, electric, gas, etc.) at the grocery store counter. Blows my mind that people are that incompetently stupid.

There is no excuse at this point to be that dumb.

Nov 8, 2012
That's a wide brush.

You're paying a 3rd party to be the relay between you and the service provider that takes a fee.

I mean c'mon, service providers these days offer TONS of convenient ways to pay... via phone... via mail... via internet website... via smartphone app.... via credit card... via debit... via ach.... via check... They usually don't care how you do it as long as you pay it.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
You're paying a 3rd party to be the relay between you and the service provider that takes a fee.

I mean c'mon, service providers these days offer TONS of convenient ways to pay... via phone... via mail... via internet website... via smartphone app.... via credit card... via debit... via ach.... via check... They usually don't care how you do it as long as you pay it.
And if I can't get a checking account?

Reactions: Atreus21

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Go to a grocery store customer service desk... Theres still people that pay things like their bills (utilities, electric, gas, etc.) at the grocery store counter. Blows my mind that people are that incompetently stupid.

There is no excuse at this point to be that dumb.

It's not about people being dumb--it's about lack of access to services and resources. Like banks and credit cards. It isn't really a choice that they make, either. But these are things that you routinely fail to understand, let alone accept your own failed capacity to understand these differences.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Not sure if you're aware, but there are actually multiple options to get a prepaid card that require no reoccurring fees.

I actually looked at MOVO and 5th3rd a couple of weeks ago for...reasons. Couldn't get them activated. "Guessing" it's because my credit reports are frozen. They haven't returned my calls.

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Maybe some folks like to get out, go to the store, and talk to people. Oh, and may as well pay my bills too *shrugs*
Maybe the clerk at the service desk is a hottie?