Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2257 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
jqh92suas4dz.jpg

brilliant!

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
F
The tank F will fill up first. D, E & G will never fill up because the input pipe for D is blocked. So C will start filling J. I will only start filling up if & when J fills up, before which L will start filling up. The water from L flows into pipes leading to F & H, but H won’t fill up because it’s input pipe is blocked. Therefore F tank will fill up first.
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Video from the shuttle's solid rocket boosters from launch to splashdown. I've never seen footage like this. Kind of long but the beginning and the end are very cool. Full screen.

What I liked:
The music
The views

What I disliked:
The sound
Being over-produced

The music reminded me of Clint Mansell's soundtrack for "The Fountain" with influence from "Gravity." Really cool. The sound, on the other hand, was a little ridiculous. I don't need to hear wooshes when the view passes through clouds or the muffled sound of floating parts sloshing around when it splashes down. They actually got Ben Burtt (of R2D2 fame) to do these but I can definitely live without. In a different context I could definitely say that it added atmosphere but it was distractingly unrealistic in this setting. I feel that they should invoke hyper-realism when working from such awe-inspiring REAL footage because the sound effects instantly make me feel like I'm watching a kid's show.

This was not continuous footage from launch to splashdown as I assumed from Thebobo's description. It was multiple cameras, multiple angles, and multiple flights stitched together and heavily edited for the best views and synchronization with the music/sound effects.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Alright seriously, the fuck did you do to these cats? Unless they were high off catnip or somehow smoked some weed, I have no idea how you could get them all to do that.
the kittens are probably asleep. they sleep in weird positions anytime anywhere and stay in any position when you move them - so all you gotta do is wait for for the adult.