Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2052 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
GhVTjyi.png

my head hurts

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Yeah, I call bull shit. Nothing from the top down makes any sense.

My head doesn't hurt, but it pisses me off as it's stupid.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

I can't decide. Quite a bit of it makes sense - the chair continues as it should, for example, as does the mop. But in other places the join looks 'off'.
If they wanted to convince they should include a picture from a different angle.

Can't tell if its brilliantly done or if I'm being gullible.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Sure it does. The green chair in the background is visible in all four areas. The lamp and the milk crate provide the separation line for the top and bottom on the left, the toolbox provides the separation line for the top and bottom on the right. The effect is blown from even a slightly different perspective.

I'm trying to avoid the colors, but even in gray scale the right side from top to bottom looks off.

npwOsiZ.png

Toolbox on the table with some block sitting next to it.

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I guess that's possible and I did think that. It's just hard to see.

Artificial line made with the tool box blocks your view of the chair legs like anything else. The chair appears to be elevated in a way that is awkward compared to everyone else, but that only adds to the surreal look.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

Looks like PAX Prime. Some of the costumes I've seen at PAX are pretty awful.

And to contrast that, there was the time that I saw a full on Dalek. It was so well made I have to think it was a real prop - able to talk to you and everything, though I couldn't see where the remote control was.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Anyone know what the caliber is on that round?

Doesn't look like a .50 to me, and is bigger than a .338 Lapua. Barret .416? Something Russian or Chinese maybe?

It's .416 barrett from the look of it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.416_Barrett

It moves faster than the fastest of the .50BMG loads (by ~150 ft/s), but still has considerably less energy. Might have a flatter trajectory though.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's .416 barrett from the look of it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.416_Barrett

It moves faster than the fastest of the .50BMG loads (by ~150 ft/s), but still has considerably less energy. Might have a flatter trajectory though.

That's what I was leaning towards. Absolutely it does, that's why they made it.

The one person I know who has shot one told me it's a near perfect anti-sniper caliber, with much better accuracy at the end of the range envelope due to superior bullet design. Makes sense to me, same reason the 7mm Mag is better than the .30/06, or a 6.5 Creedmoor compared to a .308

I did not know they went with brass for the bullet though, interesting!