Jesus. Anyone see vids of the SU-27 crash at the air show

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: AdamK47 3DS
Repost

Everyone's heard about it, but noone's seen these videos. I didn't really feel that this thread was meant to tell the news like the one you linked.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Originally posted by: AdamK47 3DS
Repost

Everyone's heard about it, but noone's seen these videos. I didn't really feel that this thread was meant to tell the news like the one you linked.

People always respond with a "repost" reply, so I just wanted to go a bit further with it.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: purbeast0
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
Originally posted by: CFster
Toward the end of the aftermath video there's what looks like a severely injured kid on the ground screaming.

Probably about the age of my kid.

Thank you very much submitter.

You ****** asshole.

You are asuch a victim... fvck you, I hope your kid grows up without your syndrome.

Real life is hard BOY, I hope your kid grows up to be a MAN unlike his dad.

Maybe he should look at the Beslan school incident pictures.
He might have a newfound respect for Israel and our troops overseas.

What is this incident you speak of?

Also, those vids are pretty sad :( Poor people.

Islamic Extremists take over a middle school. Ended up killing something like 400 people......I should say, 400 CHILDREN.

Now those pics....OMG.......

Wiki

Click

Click

Click
That thing in the air, hanging on the cord? C-4......

Click
This is the picture that really gets me.

:(
Yah I remember that... but it's one of those incidents no matter how many times you look at the images or read about it's still incredable to imagine that situation. Here in Colorado people remember Columbine and how bad it was.. and while it was.. shy of 400 people is just crazy.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
It's always a surprise to see how large those planes are. I visited a museum in Mobile, AL and got to be right next to various aricraft. Enormous!

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Well, maybe those idiots need to see the pictures but I do not. I have a 4 year old son and seeing pictures of the broken bodies of children is not something I need or have any desire to see.

Maybe you need to have children of your own to understand this though.

I have 3 children, thank you.

The picture that I linked to and said "This one always gets me"....

That kid looks alot like my son.

Yeah, I understand.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Well, maybe those idiots need to see the pictures but I do not. I have a 4 year old son and seeing pictures of the broken bodies of children is not something I need or have any desire to see.

Maybe you need to have children of your own to understand this though.

I have 3 children, thank you.

The picture that I linked to and said "This one always gets me"....

That kid looks alot like my son.

Yeah, I understand.

Nothing good can come of viewing those images. I read some of the stories that came out of there and quite honestly they always leave me with feelings of despair. I choose not to dwell on those feelings. Why you would want to do so is beyond me. As a father I hope to never deal with what those people went through...it's inhuman.

I'm not saying I bury my head in the sand but I don't need to be bombarded with it over and over again like the media tends to do...one of the primary reasons I don't watch TV news...ever. It is utter crap. Half the stuff you see on the internet is as well. Sensationalistic crap. No thanks.

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
that's insane in video 3 there is body parts and such and a hand just laying on the ground that he zooms up to

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Jesus christ...I've been hardened by the internet but this is rediculous...I've never opened my eyes as wide as I had during the 3rd video...

When I saw the first two it looked to me like the plane had banked and smashed into a runway - somewhere where there wouldn't have been any people. As soon as I read that 83 people were killed and a hundred more injured, I knew it was much worse...but I didn't expect to see what was in that third video...just body parts lying around. Jesus.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: GuideBot
We had a plane crash at the Hillsboro International Airshow just, what, last weekend? Dude had a power failure while setting up for his routine. He went down into several houses which were all empty -one of which only empty by about 20 minutes.
That is not what happened. It was an antique fighter jet on static display at the airshow. After the show, he crashed after losing power shortly after take-off to return the jet to LA. Only 1 house was destroyed (thankfully, it was empty), 3 others were damaged. The incident was independent of the airshow itself, but more the result of what happens when you build neighborhoods around a regional airport.

On topic: the OP is horrible. I recall the incident, but the videos... :Q :(
rose.gif

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: letdown427
The cameraperson in that 3rd video. MTV generation FTW.

@LordMorpheus: Thanks for the clarification on the Su-27 bit, before the crash, I was thinking, erm, that's a Mig-29 isn't it?

LordMorpheus was mistaken. The Mig-29 and Su-27 are completely unrelated, totally different aircraft.

They're also built by competitors. One by Mikoyan-gurevich, the other by Sukhoi.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Mrvile
Jesus christ...I've been hardened by the internet but this is rediculous...I've never opened my eyes as wide as I had during the 3rd video...

When I saw the first two it looked to me like the plane had banked and smashed into a runway - somewhere where there wouldn't have been any people. As soon as I read that 83 people were killed and a hundred more injured, I knew it was much worse...but I didn't expect to see what was in that third video...just body parts lying around. Jesus.

Unfortunately I've seen similiar scenes IRL, in Israel after suicide bombings. It stays with you forever.

spaceghost21

May 22, 2004
Originally posted by: MrPickins
Originally posted by: CFster
Toward the end of the aftermath video there's what looks like a severely injured kid on the ground screaming.

Probably about the age of my kid.

Thank you very much submitter.

You ****** asshole.

If you watched till the end of the 3rd video, you have no right to call him any names. I realized very early on that it was more than "a bit graphic," and closed it. You could have done the same.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
You can see in the video that the aircraft lost lift. I don't really think that was the cause of the accident, it was probably just a result of it. The main cause was that he was flying way too low, and too slow*, especially over a crowd of people, and he didn't have enough altitude to pull off the manuever. When he tried to pull up beyond the capabilities of the aircraft, it stalled.

*When I say too slow, remember that while it looked like he was going fast on the ground, that plane is falling out of the sky much below 200 mph. Takeoff speed is about 175 mph.

S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: saymyname
GRAPHIC IMAGE OF DEAD CHILDREN NSFW:

Beslan Terrorism

I clicked it and you were right, but I wonder why you posted it without any additional input to make it relevant to the thead. "Hey more dead people!". "Dead people on parade!".

If you're going to post something like that at least make a point with it.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
I guess I was wrong about the Mig-29/Su-27. They look so damn similiar, though.

I would say that it looks like engine failure. If you look at the vids, he's pulling out of his dive and suddenly banks, corrects, skids into ground. It looks like that sudden bank was caused by an engine going out.