Jesus. Anyone see vids of the SU-27 crash at the air show

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: KLin
Originally posted by: Bootprint
I can only watch the youtube video but it's from 2002. link

I've never seen this before. That 3rd video made me a little nauseous :(.

:disgust:

:(

Man I feel kind of sick now after watching that 3rd one, there were just parts all over the place and I bet that pilot wishes he didn't live through that somewhat.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: CFster
Toward the end of the aftermath video there's what looks like a severely injured kid on the ground screaming.

Probably about the age of my kid.

Thank you very much submitter.

You ****** asshole.

You are a such a "victim"... fvck you!

Real life is hard BOY, I hope your kid grows up to be a MAN unlike his dad.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
Toward the end of the aftermath video there's what looks like a severely injured kid on the ground screaming.

You ****** asshole.

You are asuch a victim... fvck you, I hope your kid grows up without your syndrome.

Maybe he should look at the Beslan school incident pictures.
He might have a newfound respect for Israel and our troops overseas.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Wow, that was messy. Remind me not to attend any Russian airshows. They seem to take public participation a bit too far.

I'm not surpised the pilot got put in prison. Popular opinion would probably be he should have ridden the plane in trying to avoid the crowd as much as possible.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Ime
Wow, that was messy. Remind me not to attend any Russian airshows. They seem to take public participation a bit too far.

I'm not surpised the pilot got put in prison. Popular opinion would probably be he should have ridden the plane in trying to avoid the crowd as much as possible.

I believe he did. You can see the canopy not pop until the plane is already scraping across the ground.

Those pilots had balls of steel to ride that bitch until she was skidding across the ground.

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Specop 007

I believe he did. You can see the canopy not pop until the plane is already scraping across the ground.

Those pilots had balls of steel to ride that bitch until she was skidding across the ground.

Oh I'm aware that the pilots ejected only when they lost total control of the plane and then knew they were still probably going to die in the fireball. I think the pilots did all they could.

I'm saying that popular opinion in Russia would be that they should have gone down with the plane.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001

Oh I'm aware that the pilots ejected only when they lost total control of the plane and then knew they were still probably going to die in the fireball. I think the pilots did all they could.

I'm saying that popular opinion in Russia would be that they should have gone down with the plane.

In the third video it looks like the plane is hitting the ground when the canopy opens.

letdown427

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
The cameraperson in that 3rd video. MTV generation FTW.

@LordMorpheus: Thanks for the clarification on the Su-27 bit, before the crash, I was thinking, erm, that's a Mig-29 isn't it?

@CFster: What about all of the other torn apart women/men? Are they not similar ages to your family, spouse etc? I really can't believe your post. You're going to try and take the OP to court aren't you? Emotional damage? Trauma? All because he didn't put a this video contains a wounded child disclaimer?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

You ****** asshole.

You are asuch a victim... fvck you, I hope your kid grows up without your syndrome.

What is this incident you speak of?

Also, those vids are pretty sad :( Poor people.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: letdown427

@LordMorpheus: Thanks for the clarification on the Su-27 bit, before the crash, I was thinking, erm, that's a Mig-29 isn't it?

@CFster: What about all of the other torn apart women/men? Are they not similar ages to your family, spouse etc? I really can't believe your post. You're going to try and take the OP to court aren't you? Emotional damage? Trauma? All because he didn't put a this video contains a wounded child disclaimer?

Its ok, he probably also thinks that we should only see sheep grazing in a field on tv and anything else should be censored. He clicked on it willingly, but the OP never shoulda been allowed to post it in the first place.

Marked for after work.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
Originally posted by: letdown427

Its ok, he probably also thinks that we should only see sheep grazing in a field on tv and anything else should be censored. He clicked on it willingly, but the OP never shoulda been allowed to post it in the first place.

Marked for after work.

why shouldnt he be allowed to post it? and who is to say what he should be allowed to post?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I have seen this a few times with this type of plane. Is it the pilots or the plane that seems to have a problem? It is always happening when it coming out of a dive. The plane seems lathargic on being able to recover.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus
this makes 3 videos of Mig-29/Su-27 (Su-27 is a modification of the Mig-29) crashes at airshows, for a total of 4 aircraft down.

THere is the one where the plane drags it's tail on the ground, comes back up, the pilots eject and then it crashes, there is the one where two of them do a high speed closure maneuver and collide, pilots eject, both planes go down, and now this.

I've only seen one vid of an F-16 go down (that loop right after takeoff vid).

I think in general all the airshows I've seen are tamer and safer - all the planes do their maneuvers over the runway and in line with the runway (so momentum won't carry the aircraft into the crowds). I also haven't seen maneuvers as crazy as the russians seem to like to do.

We have alot stricter rules, in the interest of safety.

One of them is no kinetic energy towards the crowd.

I went to an airshow in Fargo about a year ago, one of the coolest things I have seen. They had an F-16 from the ND Air National Guard doing aerobatics. The most impressive thing is watching is slow slow slow then go tail up and accelerate while going straight up in the air.

They also had a P-51D and the F-16 fly side by side to show the difference in generations from WWII to today. Quite fun to watch them flying next to each other. You would never guess how much bigger an F-16 is compared to a P51-D.

btw all runs near the crowd were perpendicular to the crowd so if one of them went down its energy would splatter it down the runway instead of into the crowd.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: purbeast0

You ****** asshole.

Islamic Extremists take over a middle school. Ended up killing something like 400 people......I should say, 400 CHILDREN.

Now those pics....OMG.......

Wiki

Click

Click

Click
That thing in the air, hanging on the cord? C-4......

Click
This is the picture that really gets me.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: purbeast0

You ****** asshole.

Islamic Extremists take over a middle school. Ended up killing something like 400 people......I should say, 400 CHILDREN.

Now those pics....OMG.......

Wiki

Click

Click

Click
That thing in the air, hanging on the cord? C-4......

Click
This is the picture that really gets me.

yeah i remember when it happened. there was pictures all over the news.

why hit a school? man thats just wrong. its so sad. the retalation was pretty severe too from what i recall.

edit: one of the pictures i recall was of a soldier who had went in to try to save them. he was wounded carrying out a maybe 9 yr old girl who was also wounded. he had tears running down his face. his weapon was around on his back.

it was such a powerfull and sad picture.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy
yeah i remember when it happened. there was pictures all over the news.

why hit a school? man thats just wrong. its so sad. the retalation was pretty severe too from what i recall.

edit: one of the pictures i recall was of a soldier who had went in to try to save them. he was wounded carrying out a maybe 9 yr old girl who was also wounded. he had tears running down his face. his weapon was around on his back.

it was such a powerfull and sad picture.

There used to be dozens and dozens of pictures. Most have disappeared unfortunately.
I think its important everyone see them at least once.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus
this makes 3 videos of Mig-29/Su-27 (Su-27 is a modification of the Mig-29) crashes at airshows, for a total of 4 aircraft down.

THere is the one where the plane drags it's tail on the ground, comes back up, the pilots eject and then it crashes, there is the one where two of them do a high speed closure maneuver and collide, pilots eject, both planes go down, and now this.

I've only seen one vid of an F-16 go down (that loop right after takeoff vid).

I think in general all the airshows I've seen are tamer and safer - all the planes do their maneuvers over the runway and in line with the runway (so momentum won't carry the aircraft into the crowds). I also haven't seen maneuvers as crazy as the russians seem to like to do.

the Su-27 and Mig-29 are totally different aircraft.