Jessica Lynch wasn't shot

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
It makes me wonder where these stories even come from.

I just read a lengthy story the other day about how she put up a fight even after she was shot multiple times. Is it finally going to come out that the story was completely fabricated, and that the did not get shot or stabbed and she did not put up a fight?

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I'm not denying that her experience was one of the worst things a human could go through, but you are right where do these stories come from? I guess I know, I mean which sounds better, "She shot many enemy soldiers until she ran out of ammo, even after being shot twice in the leg, and even then continued to pummel the enemy with the butt of her rifle until she was stabbed and knocked out".....or "She was surrounded, her and her comrades faught they best they could but they were overtaken by the enemy and she was forced to give herself up"

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Marshallj
It makes me wonder where these stories even come from.

I just read a lengthy story the other day about how she put up a fight even after she was shot multiple times. Is it finally going to come out that the story was completely fabricated, and that the did not get shot or stabbed and she did not put up a fight?

They always say that in war, the first reports are never right, the second reports are never right, and the third reports are seldom right.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I once caught a fish this big.........

Not to take anything away from this brave soldier. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and wonder where the hell these stories come from.

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I'd submit that it's rather like a head/face wound - you can have one heck of alot of blood all over you such that your injuries look really really bad to the average person, but later on after cleaning find that it was just a few cuts and a bloody nose.

PreDatoR

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
Do any of you bother to READ

denied reports she had been shot and stabbed during her captivity in Iraq.

DURING HER CAPTIVITY does not meen that she wasn't shot when they got ambushed. If she wasn't shot then why the hell they doing surgery on her???

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Next paragraph after your sentence...

?WE HAVE HEARD and seen reports that she had multiple gunshot wounds and a knife stabbing. The doctor has not seen any of this,? Gregory Lynch Sr. said.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Originally posted by: PreDatoR
Do any of you bother to READ

denied reports she had been shot and stabbed during her captivity in Iraq.

DURING HER CAPTIVITY does not meen that she wasn't shot when they got ambushed. If she wasn't shot then why the hell they doing surgery on her???

She had back surgery for slipped disks or something, the result of amabush or torture. She had no feeling in her feet. There is nerve damage. I also heard from the parents who talked to her that she was neither stabbed or shot.

non the less, this woman is a hero and deserves all ourprayers and respect. She did what many soldiers who went before her have not been able to do-------survive an Iraqi interigation.

There are 7 known POW's still in Iraqi custody. I pray they too can be saved. The longer it takes, if history is the judge, the less likely an outcome such as hers will be witnessed by us.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sure, the point is not to belittle her situation.

Just wondering where the story of the epic story of battling off numerous attackers through multiple gunshot wounds came from.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The story of her being shot was from the Iraqi that helped find her. He saw a wound on her leg that looked like a gun shot wound. Perhaps it was just a really bad scrape.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
As a general interest point in regards to PFC Lynch. My parents still live in the general area and according to my mother, WVU has offered her a "full-ride" to the university. I obviously can't provide a link to a conversation between my mother and me....I can provide a mapquest link showing the distance between my hometown and Palestine, WVa. :)

Link

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
Just wondering where the story of the epic story of battling off numerous attackers through multiple gunshot wounds came from.
I always thought that sounded like some cut-and-dry propaganda, myself. That's not to say Lynch is not a hero or that that specific type of "fight 'til the ammo runs dry" heroics doesn't occur in practice, but in this particular instance I never really understood where such a story could have originated from.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Speculate on the injuries ?
Consistant with a jump or fall from a elevated position or a moving vehicle.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
but that is Fox, they just won a court case that says they can fire newscasters without compensation for not lying in their reports. :disgust:

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
but that is Fox, they just won a court case that says they can fire newscasters without compensation for not lying in their reports. :disgust:

It's scrolling on MSNBC as well.

Sxotty

Apr 30, 2002
I wish this would make reporters cut Gen brooks some slack when he says we don't have all the details yet, we will get back to you.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Sxotty
I wish this would make reporters cut Gen brooks some slack when he says we don't have all the details yet, we will get back to you.

Sounds reasonable.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
It's a shame they had to make up some story about her staving off Iraqis till she ran out of ammo. The fact that she was even in Iraq supporting her country was good enough. But no, they had to embelish it as if it wasn't good enough. The woman is inspiration to many of us. God, I hate the stinking media.

I just hope she isn't mucked up mentally from the ordeal and can get on with her life. She's so young, she has so much to live for.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
It's a shame they had to make up some story about her staving off Iraqis till she ran out of ammo. The fact that she was even in Iraq supporting her country was good enough. But no, they had to embelish it as if it wasn't good enough. The woman is inspiration to many of us. God, I hate the stinking media.

Aren't you jumping the gun a little early? How do you know that part of the story isn't true? As for her getting shot, that was told by the Iraqi who told the marines where she was... then word spread amongst the marines, which eventually led to the reporters. There wasn't any malicious intent or deception there. She had a lot of blood on her, her legs were broken, it's a natural assumption she got shot in the legs... could most people really think that people could break the leg of a woman, even in tortue?