Jesse Jackson joins fight for Schiavo

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
the guy is fing idiot, not because of terry but because what he goes after to get attention. He should be kicked out of the black race.

Kalvin00

Lifer
Jan 11, 2003
Originally posted by: mzkhadir
He should be kicked out of the black race.

He should be hung by his nutsack.

Edit: And no, that's not meant to be a racist comment.

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Look, I have friends that are black and most of them think the same way, he comes in and just tries to take the situation over for no reason at all except to get attention.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Why criticize him-he's just pandering like a typical politician. If its good enough for Bushlite, Delay, et al, then Jackson can certainly join the parade.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
He must have run out of corporations to extort money from, for his "foundations" that keep him in the high life.

He might have done good works in the past, but if so that was many, many years ago. Now he's just a sleazy opportunist.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Stunt
Why was this not put in the schiavo thread?
Because it's specifically to castigate Jesse "show me the money" Jackson rather than to discuss the merits of that case?

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
ah...makes sense...
rant on!

also where was there any reference or evidence of a 2008 run? :p
could it be he is jumping on the schiavo religious train?

Crucial

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
What a tool. He waits till her last few days of life before spouting his BS. He knows damn well there's nothing he can do about it this late in the game and just wants to get his name in the paper. Where the hell was he before they pulled the tube out and let her starve for a week and a half?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Jackson said he spoke with several state senators, pushing them to pass emergency legislation, and plans to contact more senators.
Will these egomaniacal a-holes ever just STFU?!?!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
While he has sided with the Schindlers, Jackson said in a statement last week that he had "serious misgivings about the appropriateness of Congress intervening with the legal court process on a specific, individual matter."

Translation - While I whore the Shiavo spotlight for all it's worth, let me distance myself from Congressional Republicans so that people don't think I am siding with them on this.

Jesse Jackson is no better then these right wing religious zealots attempting to preach morality to America.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
the guy is fing idiot, not because of terry but because what he goes after to get attention. He should be kicked out of the black race.

Oh really, Like when he negotiated the freedom of a white lady who was locked up on trumped up charges in Peru. I guess the 3 soldiers he got released, when even our government failed, shows he's a f'ing idiot. I could go on, but I have got outside and wipe you off of the bottom of my shoe, I step in you when I was coming in the house. Damn neighbor's dog was running loose again :p

illustri

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2001
well that answers this question

The Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, president of the Los Angeles-based Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny, noted the absence of black Christians in the debate.
"Nearly all the people fighting and protesting to keep Terri alive are white. Where are the prominent black ministers?" he asked.

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Originally posted by: classy

Oh really, Like when he negotiated the freedom of a white lady who was locked up on trumped up charges in Peru. I guess the 3 soldiers he got released, when even our government failed, shows he's a f'ing idiot. I could go on, but I have got outside and wipe you off of the bottom of my shoe, I step in you when I was coming in the house. Damn neighbor's dog was running loose again :p

what do you mean he negotiated, they already had it done. He just needed the press.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

Let's not make this a racial comment. He should be kicked out of the human race.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Condor
Geez, a lot of common thinking here. Count me in.
Nice to see that liberals, conservatives and independents can all still agree on something :)