Jerks of the Year(Family Friendly Title)

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
RollingStone

Here are some of my favs:

The Solid Quarter:

"That twenty-five percent of America who would not desert George Bush if he ran over Dakota Fanning with his pickup truck on the White House lawn. Is it a coincidence that twenty-five percent is also the number of people who, in an AP poll of predictions for 2007, said they expect Jesus Christ to return this year!? I don't think it is."

Congressional Democrats:

"Who, when it came time to render judgment on the administration's patently illegal wiretapping, took advantage of a deeply unpopular lame-duck president by caving in to his every whim. They agreed to allow the Justice Department to spy on Americans without a warrant. I know it is unconstitutional and all, but hey, if you can't trust the sober judgment of Alberto Gonzales. . . ."

Alberto Gonzales:

"At the Bush White House, a constitutional crisis is when somebody actually reads the Constitution. Gonzales obeyed Karl Rove's orders to decimate the Justice Department by firing the U.S. attorneys who weren't Bush loyalists to the point of corruption, then told Congress, I can't recall who put together the list of which attorneys to fire. But I stand by the decision to fire everyone on the list. Which I never read. Also, nothing improper occurred. And I know, because I can't recall."

Dubya:

"Come on, no list of assholes and fuck-ups could be complete without the Dipshit in Chief. Who will tell this president what everyone but him already knows? The theory of evolution. And the times tables. And where the sun goes at night. And that Iraq is going to be three different countries. And that everyone hates us and we've run our military into the ground and the Taliban is back and we still haven't caught bin Laden and the economy is tanking and we wasted eight years blowing the oil companies while the Earth is melting. We had a pretty nice house when this Cat in the Hat of presidents came in and made the mess of all time. And who's going to clean it all up ? Rudy Giuliani?"

Rudy:

"A phenomenon I still don't understand. Rudy says if a Democrat is elected in 2008, we'll be at risk of another 9/11, because . . . he was mayor of New York when they attacked the World Trade Center the first time? His slogan should be "Not on my watch . . . again." And if that's not enough of a reason for him to make this list, try this: The year before he was elected mayor, the NYPD made 720 arrests for marijuana misdemeanors. In the year 2000 under Rudy, that figure was 59,945. That's an increase of . . . a lot, dude. Why am I confident that he'll be on the list again next year?"

Bill Maher is a flaming liberal obviously and most of his targets are easy prey, but this did make me chuckle.

2007 has been a crazy year that's for sure, are there any others that should be on the list that aren't?

I would add Hugo Chavez and Vlad Putin to the list.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM
Confuse "flaming liberal" with honest criticism, much?

I like Bill Maher, but he is a flaming liberal and would proudly tell you that himself.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Was gonna add Craig but I see he got him on there. I think he could have just listed gay republicans as a group, as they all vote for a party who openly discriminates against them. Prioritizing of interests? Let's see, lower taxes or equal rights...hm...still thinking.....

It's like a jew voting for the nazi party because they create jobs in the workforce

Originally posted by: ayabe

I like Bill Maher, but he is a flaming liberal and would proudly tell you that himself.

He actually professes to be a libertarian

Feb 6, 2007
That article has a great picture of Giuliani. It looks like a photochop; all it's missing is lasers shooting from his eyes.

Bill Maher is totally a flaming liberal, and he seems to pretty much hit the nail on the head with this list.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Who cares what he is, he's spot on with all of these, dead f**king spot on.

The solid quarter is the best followed by college republicans.

BTW, would a "flaming liberal" put congressional democrats on this list?

Oh, who am I kidding, his summary of Bush was so poignant, too.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb

And what about moveon.org and college democrats?

EDIT: Misread.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Alberto Gonzales:

"At the Bush White House, a constitutional crisis is when somebody actually reads the Constitution. Gonzales obeyed Karl Rove's orders to decimate the Justice Department by firing the U.S. attorneys who weren't Bush loyalists to the point of corruption, then told Congress, I can't recall who put together the list of which attorneys to fire. But I stand by the decision to fire everyone on the list. Which I never read. Also, nothing improper occurred. And I know, because I can't recall."

That's the funniest political commentary I've heard all year. :laugh:

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Yes because the far left it extremely pissed of at Congressional Democrats. This week you had dems point fingers at dems on whos screwed everything up.

The far left still fails to realize their majority is thanks to about 45 moderate dems that can't go back to their district and say they voted for some of the stuff the far left wants...