Jericho and the new US flag

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
There are a lot of people who like to point to science as there savior.

Let me ask ya this.

What does the scientific community say about World population in relationship to World resources?

In the NWO. I would imagine that they . The ones pushing for one world government. Are perfectly aware that the world population has to be reduced to 2 billion.

I would Imagine they will work something out for each country so as to make all the leaders happy.

Now Jericho is interesting. But fiction. But it will be interesting how the overpopulation of Mother earth will be worked out.

If you don't believe that 2 billion is the number of people that earth can continually support I sugjest you research it.

Yet another thread that delivers thanks to Nemesis.

As usual, the world's population woes will be solved by science-- probably genetically engineered crops of sorts. Also, if we stop funding entitlements like welfare, then having children will not be seen as a source of income and the population will self limit itself like it does for most white families-- children are more an expense than a source of income.

People 100 years ago were crying the same story you are about overpopulation. Guess what? We're supporting our population now just fine. Probably will continue. If food becomes more difficult to produce then prices will rise until the demand for it decreases-- or before the demand decreases, research will no longer be seen as a dead end investment. And if the science does not deliver? Fat people in America will stop eating so much and poor families stop pumping out babies for a bigger welfare check.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
There are a lot of people who like to point to science as there savior.

Let me ask ya this.

What does the scientific community say about World population in relationship to World resources?

In the NWO. I would imagine that they . The ones pushing for one world government. Are perfectly aware that the world population has to be reduced to 2 billion.

I would Imagine they will work something out for each country so as to make all the leaders happy.

Now Jericho is interesting. But fiction. But it will be interesting how the overpopulation of Mother earth will be worked out.

If you don't believe that 2 billion is the number of people that earth can continually support I sugjest you research it.

Yet another thread that delivers thanks to Nemesis.

As usual, the world's population woes will be solved by science-- probably genetically engineered crops of sorts. Also, if we stop funding entitlements like welfare, then having children will not be seen as a source of income and the population will self limit itself like it does for most white families-- children are more an expense than a source of income.

People 100 years ago were crying the same story you are about overpopulation. Guess what? We're supporting our population now just fine. Probably will continue. If food becomes more difficult to produce then prices will rise until the demand for it decreases-- or before the demand decreases, research will no longer be seen as a dead end investment. And if the science does not deliver? Fat people in America will stop eating so much and poor families stop pumping out babies for a bigger welfare check.

/flamesuit

Careful there buddy, you are delving more into P&N territory.

Welfare Queens and other strawmen? Complete misunderstanding of poverty and entitlements? Blind faith in free market? Check, Check, Check.

This should be fun...

Anyway....back to Jericho.....

Auggie

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2003
Wait, not back to Jericho.

Nemesis1 is would seem to be a follower of the Gaia/Mother Earth movement, if you'd call it that. These people are scary. They often "root" and assent to mass population decreases based on what they see as good for Mother Earth. In web forums and usenet groups, they often grimly state that a massive pandemic or nuclear holocaust would be a good thing.

And as for using our intelligence to bypass the assumed limitations of Earth, they often also abhor most/all uses of genetic engineering, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs) to be used as foodstuffs.

To be frank, it seems to be like a crazy nutjob point of view, but from what I've seen it seems to be growing in popularity, although a bit slowly.

I love the crap out of Jericho, though. I'm a huge fan.

Finalnight

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Auggie
Wait, not back to Jericho.

Nemesis1 is would seem to be a follower of the Gaia/Mother Earth movement, if you'd call it that. These people are scary. They often "root" and assent to mass population decreases based on what they see as good for Mother Earth. In web forums and usenet groups, they often grimly state that a massive pandemic or nuclear holocaust would be a good thing.

And as for using our intelligence to bypass the assumed limitations of Earth, they often also abhor most/all uses of genetic engineering, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs) to be used as foodstuffs.

To be frank, it seems to be like a crazy nutjob point of view, but from what I've seen it seems to be growing in popularity, although a bit slowly.

I love the crap out of Jericho, though. I'm a huge fan.

Wasn't that the plot of Rainbow Six?

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
How the hell did I miss Jericho?!?!?! I'm watching the pilot episode now on CBS and man, this show kicks ass!!!

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Yesterday's show added more to the new country idea. The textbooks were interesting. I would think it would hard for them to convince Americans that what we currently have is inadequate. Though they could play up on the the old government let the attacks happen card.

I must have missed the Hudson virus on the last eps. A bug that's killing off people in the east? Also did they say it was called the Blue line since UN Peacekeepers were deployed to separate the east from the rest?

Doesn't the military swear an oath to the Constitution? So wouldn't that support the old government?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: JEDI
Originally posted by: hdeck
i'm glad cbs brought it back. hopefully the ratings are good enough for them to do more than 7 more episodes.

bah.. when the ex-army ranger died, i've lost interest.

http://img135.imageshack.us/im...429/vlcsnap6526ct5.png
ghetto fabulous

What's with shows having ex-army rangers in everything lately? Does being an army ranger suck so much that they all leave?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: JTsyo
Yesterday's show added more to the new country idea. The textbooks were interesting. I would think it would hard for them to convince Americans that what we currently have is inadequate. Though they could play up on the the old government let the attacks happen card.

I must have missed the Hudson virus on the last eps. A bug that's killing off people in the east? Also did they say it was called the Blue line since UN Peacekeepers were deployed to separate the east from the rest?

Doesn't the military swear an oath to the Constitution? So wouldn't that support the old government?

Textbooks were complete re-writes of History. Many of the ideas were right from Real Life Far Right mutterings.

The Virus I only heard in passing, but ya the guy said there were UN Peace Keepers(probably who made the Air Drop in season 1).

"Blackwater" is the most dramatic development in this episode IMO. As you may recall, Jericho had previous run ins with them and even exchanged some gunfire. That should bring about some conflicts.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski

Textbooks were complete re-writes of History. Many of the ideas were right from Real Life Far Right mutterings.

The Virus I only heard in passing, but ya the guy said there were UN Peace Keepers(probably who made the Air Drop in season 1).

"Blackwater" is the most dramatic development in this episode IMO. As you may recall, Jericho had previous run ins with them and even exchanged some gunfire. That should bring about some conflicts.

Um, Blackwater = real. Jericho = fictional. You're talking about Ravenwood.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH

Crap, I originally typed "Blackwood". :D Anyway, ya, those guys.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003

Well least you would have been half right ;)

Interesting to see what the role of Ravenwood is. Too bad about Major Beck, I liked his character.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Interesting to see what the role of Ravenwood is. Too bad about Major Beck, I liked his character.

Maybe he'll stick around. He seems to not have drunk the koolaid and be a little put off by a few things. He could end up joining the others in helping bring the government down.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

Maybe he'll stick around. He seems to not have drunk the koolaid and be a little put off by a few things. He could end up joining the others in helping bring the government down.

Agreed, he will also still be in the area looking for the "terrorists". My guess is he will rescue Jericho from Ravenwood and help bring down the Cheyenne government.

Originally wanted to watch this series, missed the pilot last year and just said oh well. After reading this thread on Friday I went back and watched season 1 plus all of season 2. Glad I did, looks like it will be a great story.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Jericho is awesome.
No 24 = No care
Take your verbal refuse elsewhere, 24 is GARBAGE now. I hope that they never bring the show back. That last season was inexcusible. All involved should be sent to gitmo for reeducation. I am asking the mods to ban anybody who uses 24 in a post except to ridicule its demise.

reeserock

Jan 7, 2008
I wondered how they could make Jericho work past a few episodes with the premise, but damn, the did it and it's great!

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Jericho is awesome.
No 24 = No care
Take your verbal refuse elsewhere, 24 is GARBAGE now. I hope that they never bring the show back. That last season was inexcusible. All involved should be sent to gitmo for reeducation. I am asking the mods to ban anybody who uses 24 in a post except to ridicule its demise.

Never liked 24, good riddance.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Jericho is awesome.
No 24 = No care

WTF, man... 24 is awesome, and Jack Bauer is my hero!

Motion for ban!