Jen Psaki is the worst press secretary in the last 20+ years

Nov 8, 2012
I've honestly never seen a worse press secretary.

"I'll Circle Back" is literally one of the top memes at this point. Which is pretty sad - one because she never will "circle back". Any competent person would just answer "I don't know" or "We haven't decided on that yet". It's the kind of thing that comes from the mouth of someone who talks because they don't want to be "negative" in nature, so instead of giving a dedicated, true, and actual answer - it's a neutral of "I can't answer this but maybe I can later?"

Aside from that, she is getting passed soft-balls from the press that loves this admin, and just the number of questions she can't answer is mind-boggling. If you can't answer these softball questions, what can you answer?

And often times she will be asked a direct question - and when she does answer it's a vague answer that doesn't specifically address what was asked.

So what do you do? Do you put in someone who is more qualified? NOPE! Just tell the reporters that they have to give their questions in advance - which entirely eliminates the purpose of a press conference, which is putting politicians on the spot. What a complete idiot.

You might not have liked the press secretaries of Trump, GWB, etc... or what they said, but they simply were never this incompetent.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Really? After the last four years? The first Trump WH press conference started off with a gigantic, desperate, angry lie that still is basically legendary in the annals of bad press conferences.

And according from what I read from reporters her office actually does generally get back to reporters with an answer even if we don't see it live. Also consider the questions for this administration are likely somewhat different because the administration isn't a motley collection of mendacious, malicious, racist incompetents.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I really don't want to derail such an important topic but I have an Interesting fact about the name Jennifer. Jennifer is the Cornish variation of Guinevere, which ultimately derived from the Welsh name Gwenhwyfar. Personally I think it is now so common I am not a fane of the name. Please let me know your thoughts. Should we make Gwenhwyfar great again?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Op doing his best to show everyone what a complete fucking moron he is.

Here is a clue, dumb ass, why don’t you research how past press secretaries have done and how questions are normally handled.

I know a stupid fuck, like yourself, prefers to be lied to but for normal thinking people, if someone doesn’t have an answer to your question, getting back to you us an acceptable answer.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Yeah, she doesn't just lie to them.

In pre-covid times the press staff and staff talked throughout the day, so the security had a good idea of what questions would be coming. Right now they aren't mixing and the press didn't want to submit subject early so you get the "I'll leave to get back to you" response.

Of course you just hate her because she is a woman, and worse an attractive woman you know you'd never have a shot with. All of Trump's securities (all what 6 of them?) we're lying sacks of shit. That wouldn't call on people or just blow off questions.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lol look at this chud complaining about Press Secretaries who actually hold press conferences! The gall of actually speaking to the liberal media!!

Well hold on now, I’m sure if we look back at someidiotsmind we will find a thread or post by him where he held Trump’s press secretary to the same standard he’s using here. I mean no one with a posting history like the OP’s would create a thread knowing they’d simply come off looking like a hypocrite, right? No one is that fucking dishonest, right?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

"I'll Circle Back" is literally one of the top memes at this point. Which is pretty sad - one because she never will "circle back". Any competent person would just answer "I don't know" or "We haven't decided on that yet". It's the kind of thing that comes from the mouth of someone who talks because they don't want to be "negative" in nature, so instead of giving a dedicated, true, and actual answer - it's a neutral of "I can't answer this but maybe I can later?"

Aside from that, she is getting passed soft-balls from the press that loves this admin, and just the number of questions she can't answer is mind-boggling. If you can't answer these softball questions, what can you answer?

And often times she will be asked a direct question - and when she does answer it's a vague answer that doesn't specifically address what was asked.

So what do you do? Do you put in someone who is more qualified? NOPE! Just tell the reporters that they have to give their questions in advance - which entirely eliminates the purpose of a press conference, which is putting politicians on the spot. What a complete idiot.

You might not have liked the press secretaries of Trump, GWB, etc... or what they said, but they simply were never this incompetent.

Kinda bothers you to have a Press Secretary that wants to be sure of her facts huh? I find it rather refreshing, As opposed to some ditzy blonde that just spews out "alternative facts".

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Out of curiosity, have you actually listened to a significant chunk of a press briefing or only the snippets posted from your video (incidentally including no context)? Do you know if she actually does get back to the press with more detailed answers later?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

We know shitbag, you hate women unless you can buy them from a foreign country.

Thanks for stopping by, shitbag.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
i personally was open for giving s0meonesmind1 the benefit of the doubt when it came to being a mis-guided republican! I did not believe that he was part of the looney Republican movement that believed all the Trump lies!
After posting what s0meonesmind1 just posted and coming across as sincere.......all I have to say is Houston we have a problem!

It is a fact that based on the OP`S posting history he is one of those who has drank the koolaid!
How can you possibly believe that is is better to have a press secretary that is a lying sack of shit? As opposed to a press secretary who has principle and tells the truth and if she does not know the answer actually doers keep her word and communicate with the white house press corp?

As other have said --
El Fenix -- you mean she doesn't have an entire binder full of canned non-answers, tells you when she doesn't have the answer, and actually goes to get the answer and then disseminate it? horrible!

Dulanic -- Yeah I mean she could lie through her teeth like every press secretary Trump had, is that preferable?

Zorba -- Of course you just hate her because she is a woman, and worse an attractive woman you know you'd never have a shot with. All of Trump's securities (all what 6 of them?) we're lying sacks of shit. That wouldn't call on people or just blow off questions.

UnCjigga -- Lol look at this chud complaining about Press Secretaries who actually hold press conferences! The gall of actually speaking to the liberal media!!

and so on and so forth.........I think this last one sums things up really well
----- iwshane -- Well hold on now, I’m sure if we look back at someidiotsmind we will find a thread or post by him where he held Trump’s press secretary to the same standard he’s using here. I mean no one with a posting history like the OP’s would create a thread knowing they’d simply come off looking like a hypocrite, right? No one is that fucking dishonest, right?

we could keep going buit daemn......
Viper1j --- says it sll ---- Kinda bothers you to have a Press Secretary that wants to be sure of her facts huh? I find it rather refreshing, As opposed to some ditzy blonde that just spews out "alternative facts".

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Worst in decades... really? Really?

I know others have mentioned as much, but I'm pretty sure "I'll circle back" is exponentially better than outright lying or being needlessly confrontational, as with Trump's press secretaries.

Besides, good government involves admitting when you don't know something, that you're working with limited data or that the situation is in flux. Psaki is great just by bringing back that basic willingness to live in the real world.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

The press secretary has to answer questions re: every aspect of the government and you expect her to have every answer readily available? She could just do what the last admin did and just not hold daily briefings. And the reporters would have 0 of their questions answered.

But seriously, do you read? It seems everything you post revolves around some video you watched.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The press secretary has to answer questions re: every aspect of the government and you expect her to have every answer readily available? She could just do what the last admin did and just not hold daily briefings. And the reporters would 0 of their questions answered.

But seriously, do you read? It seems everything you post revolves around some video you watched.

Hey, if you saw it on tv or youtube, it must be true.