JEB Bush as VP candidate?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
My prediction is that nobody by the last name of Bush will ever get elected again.

I simply don't want any relative of a former living president elected to that position.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Seems like the people opposed to Jeb are opposed to him because of his last name only.

Anyone who lives in Florida will know what Jeb accomplished and the fact that he comes across completely different than his brother. Unlike his brother Jeb is a great speaker.

Despite all that I don?t see him being VP due to his last name. McCain will most likely pick someone with solid conservative credentials to satisfy the base who is not happy with his nomination.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
How about Neil?

Hell, he could get the Bank Fraud Executive and the Asian Prostitute supporters.

And there is the Florida Senility sector who vote thinking that is still 'Poppy',
HW can count on them.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
There are only a few people I can think of that can be worse for McCain.

And these arent in any order.

1. Adolf Hitler
2. Satan
3. Saddam Hussein

Hell I think Hillary Clinton would be a better running mate for him than Jeb Bush. At least she would get the idiotic women vote, who vote strictly on gender lines.

Heh, I don't know about that. Hillary invites the "gender lines" voters from both sides, so she might draw some women voters to McCain, but I don't think it would help since 95% of Republican men would stay home on election day ;)

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
I am not trolling, just relaying something I heard. And someone at Ars also mentioned Lieberman as a possible choice for McCain.

That's nothing new....I've been saying that since the 2000 election.

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005
well if he wants Florida , they need rig and bush bro will make it happen :)

I will laugh if republican win again :!

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I can't believe this thread is still alive. Where is the link? Where is the proof?

Just another made up story... Nice rules we are following here...

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
Originally posted by: halik
after that terry shiavo debacle, i highly doubt it. People had enough religious nuttery in the whitehouse for a while

keep believing you're not in the minority in this country. ;)

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
Hell I think Hillary Clinton would be a better running mate for him than Jeb Bush. At least she would get the idiotic women vote, who vote strictly on gender lines.

That portion of the vote is actually quite small. Most idiotic women dont bother to register and/or vote. Besides, this is the first time that they could vote on gender lines.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: spittledip
JEB Bush as VP candidate?

We can only hope...

or maybe presidential candidate in 4 years?
I really doubt it as we'll still be suffering from the consequences of having his brother president for two terms.