Jared Kushner says Trump wants "fair" voting system as future of USPS remains uncertain

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So what was wrong with old system?
Other than it favored the Republicans?
If we define the word FAIR using a Republican dictionary it means --
We need to odds to be in our favor!! Losing is not an option!!

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ok...lets see eomeone explain this without whataboutism

200816084310-02-nc-usps-trump-absentee-ballot-request-exlarge-169.jpg

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
As of now, there is no evidence Trump is colluding with the USPS to slow mail down.

Staring into the barrel of a loaded gun... there is no evidence he is going to shoot me before my brains is splattered on the wall behind me.
True statement.
Still enough circumstantial evidence to have the trump-guy-81 testify before the house next week.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Ok...lets see eomeone explain this without whataboutism

200816084310-02-nc-usps-trump-absentee-ballot-request-exlarge-169.jpg
Thats a joke right?

Not a joke. Absentee voting is good. Mail in voting is bad. Because reasons. Five states vote by mail & have for years, mine included. They're lying about California's issues during the primary, as well. It wasn't about mail in voting-

Reactions: DarthKyrie

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Who the fuck brought up 'colluding ' ?!?!?

Trump isn't colluding, he's actively withholding funding.

Keep up.

AFAIK its all still under negotiation. AFAIK nothing has actually been withheld.

With that said, I know Trump has voiced his opposition to mail in voting (but he's OK with absentee voting. WTF?) and I know theres an investigation into the postmaster. I know Trumps biggest hitch is the D's wanting to attach other non related bills onto legislation. But other than that, Im unaware of the USPS actually failing to receive federal funds.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
As of now, there is no evidence Trump is colluding with the USPS to slow mail down.

Here’s an interesting fact check on this issue:

They said it was an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory until Trump confessed. As to ‘collusion’ who knows. What we do know though is that Trump said he wanted to withhold funding so they couldn’t do mail in voting. That’s just as bad.

Reactions: dainthomas

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
AFAIK its all still under negotiation. AFAIK nothing has actually been withheld.

With that said, I know Trump has voiced his opposition to mail in voting (but he's OK with absentee voting. WTF?) and I know theres an investigation into the postmaster. I know Trumps biggest hitch is the D's wanting to attach other non related bills onto legislation. But other than that, Im unaware of the USPS actually failing to receive federal funds.
Trump has no hitch as to attaching unrelated bills whatsoever. In fact, he’s actively pushing to attach unrelated things like the FBI headquarters into it.

A better way to put it is that Trump is against unrelated items that don’t corruptly enrich him.

Reactions: zinfamous

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Here’s an interesting fact check on this issue:

They said it was an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory until Trump confessed. As to ‘collusion’ who knows. What we do know though is that Trump said he wanted to withhold funding so they couldn’t do mail in voting. That’s just as bad.

Yes I know thats his wish. Funny he supports absentee voting though eh?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Trump has no hitch as to attaching unrelated bills whatsoever. In fact, he’s actively pushing to attach unrelated things like the FBI headquarters into it.

A better way to put it is that Trump is against unrelated items that don’t corruptly enrich him.

In other news, congress critters try and attach unrelated bills.

lol

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes I know thats his wish. Funny he supports absentee voting though eh?
Not really, he thinks universal mail voting will raise turnout, which hurts him. He thinks the standard absentee ballot process helps him. He doesn’t actually care either way about fraud.

This is the same reason Republicans push voter ID for in-person voting because of in person fraud but are fine with absentee ballots, despite far higher rates of absentee ballot fraud. They don’t actually give a shit, they just think it helps them win.

They are all transparently lying when they claim to care about voter fraud and everyone knows it.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
why did Trump deny talking to his new Postmaster General when asked? we now know that they had met in person at the White House.
Even if the meeting was secretly recorded in 8K video with full audio transcript there would be another excuse just like the Ukraine thing.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Not really, he thinks universal mail voting will raise turnout, which hurts him. He thinks the standard absentee ballot process helps him. He doesn’t actually care either way about fraud.

This is the same reason Republicans push voter ID for in-person voting because of in person fraud but are fine with absentee ballots, despite far higher rates of absentee ballot fraud. They don’t actually give a shit, they just think it helps them win.

They are all transparently lying when they claim to care about voter fraud and everyone knows it.

Apparently the state GOP parties in some states (I know of NC thus far) are sending absentee ballot request forms to all registered Republicans only.

Absentee = good
Universal mail in balloting = FRAUD!!

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
For people like Kushner, Trump, and most GOP AFAICT, fair just means stacked in their favor.