Jared Kushner heads to the Middle East

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I've been pretty busy prepping for the Spring Real Estate Market and haven't been following the news. Has Jared brought peace to the Middle east yet?
Has he accomplished anything at all, serious question. Maybe he’s found someone to loan him some money, he does have a billion + bill due next year.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
The Israel and Palestine problem will probably exist long after everybody on this forum is dead. Can anybody even think of a solution that has even a slight possibility of working? I certainly cannot.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The Israel and Palestine problem will probably exist long after everybody on this forum is dead. Can anybody even think of a solution that has even a slight possibility of working? I certainly cannot.
Nuke em all?

/s

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Nuke em all?
/s

I don't have the foggiest idea what we can do other than to not engage militarily. I would support America going completely isolationist with regards to Israel and Palestine. Let China, Japan or South Korea be the peace broker.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
A solution? Israel needs to stay the !@#$ out of the West Bank. Meanwhile, Egypt and Jordan need to annex the respective territories they share a border with, and then roll up and create a DMZ of sorts between Israel and the Palestinians. They're only suffering because those nations keep them locked up and restricted on a tiny piece of land.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
I'm reminded of the point in Aliens where Lt. Gorman says they are coming in. Hudson: "He's coming in. I feel safer already."

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
He's leaving while he still can.

Agreed. The Trumps have had to ramp up their efforts to get as much cash, influence and binding relationships with the who's who of the world before they get their asses tossed out of what they've made into the most greed-driven self-serving "gov't service" jobs that they've managed to scam their way into.

And as we've all been witness to, the Trump Clan have been enthusiastically supported and shielded from harm by those equally corrupted Repubs who presently own and operate the House and Senate.

At this point in time they're all acting so shamelessly and brazenly over accomplishing their agenda you'd think they're of the mind that they can behave any way they want and not suffer long term damage from their wanton attempts at shifting so much more of the nation's wealth over to the wanna-be oligarchs if the nation.

Feb 4, 2009
Has Jared brought Peace to the Middle East yet?
Should be completed around now even with security delays

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Has Jared brought Peace to the Middle East yet?
Should be completed around now even with security delays
He single-handedly kept MBS alive during a recent coup attempt, and is now in hiding with the real MBS while an imposter runs KSA.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
He single-handedly kept MBS alive during a recent coup attempt, and is now in hiding with the real MBS while an imposter runs KSA.

I thought it was a robot double holding down the palace while the bromancers prepared for .... The Storm!

One of the more interesting things about Saudi & Gulf Sheikdom politics is that they can all accuse the others of corruption & be right about it... You know the Trump clan wants in on that...

Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
wait, does he still have a security clearance?
Unfortunately, yes. No one who's forgotten (lied) as much as he has on his application would ever get a clearance. Must have something to do with father in-law.

Feb 4, 2009
Has he accomplished anything at all, serious question. Maybe he’s found someone to loan him some

Follow up:
I’m pretty sure Saudi Arabia helped him out

The clock starts now, I can't wait for a few weeks to pass then we'll have peace in Palestine & Israel.
I'll even give him more than a few weeks, Jared is pretty busy. I'm OK with peace by the end of the year.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/22/politics/jared-kushner-middle-east-trip/index.html

So
Much
Winning!

Has Jared brought peace to the Middle East yet? Been a year and it was supposed to happen in weeks or maybe months.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Follow up:
I’m pretty sure Saudi Arabia helped him out

Has Jared brought peace to the Middle East yet? Been a year and it was supposed to happen in weeks or maybe months.

There hasn't been "peace to the Middle East" in recorded history. I don't think Jared has this one sewn up quite yet.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It's been a year, why is the Middle East not fixed yet? Seems worse than before.