Japans spoon engines

saftey

Banned
Apr 29, 2002
does spoon still exsist ?and if so anyone know what their typical improvments over honda factory engines are?

Transition

Banned
Sep 8, 2001
Originally posted by: saftey
does spoon still exsist ?and if so anyone know what their typical improvments over honda factory engines are?

Spoon is still alive and well.. Big manufacturer of headers, wheels, brake calipers, pistons, and other things of the sort. Good products by overpriced IMHO.

kLezViruS

May 15, 2002

Yes. Spoon is very much alive like the last post says.

In fact, my friend just picked up a Spoon Headers.

Costed him BANK, but the quality is very good.

But yes. they are over priced in terms of performance / Price ratio..

SsZER0

Banned
May 18, 2002
I believe Spoon's claim to success was getting the engine to a point where it could rev to 11K RPM, thus increasing peak power output.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
spoon engines MUST be good becuase the chinese guy in THe Fast and the Furious put a spoon engine in his S2000.

;)

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Rallispec
spoon engines MUST be good becuase the chinese guy in THe Fast and the Furious put a spoon engine in his S2000.

;)

Wasnt it the black dude who ordered 3 spoon engines and turbo kits for his 3 civics instead?

BTW, it's almost impossible to turbo spoon engines since spoon upped their compression and rev them up to 10,000rpm... this shows how crappy The Fast and Furious is...

saftey

Banned
Apr 29, 2002
no the generic cholo hispanic guy ordered the spoon engines and crap for civics at that store.omfg i remember so many mistakes in that movie i even found a website that pointed them all out.

AlwaysWong

Nov 7, 2000
Kinda off topic, but why is it fashionable to have a black hood on a tricked out import? Particularly those yellow Civics.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
guys it was just a movie. say it with me, it was just a movie. it wasnt a documentary, nor was it portraying real life lol. it was a movie, for fun, for the people to watch, for you to laugh at! not so you can pin point what the hell was wrong or off. undastand?

abc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
i still think the paying audience can have a right to expect a decent level of realism despite the assumption of suspension of disbelief. Movie houses are supposed to hire 'experts' in the field for whatever movie they're making.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Originally posted by: abc
i still think the paying audience can have a right to expect a decent level of realism despite the assumption of suspension of disbelief. Movie houses are supposed to hire 'experts' in the field for whatever movie they're making.

is there soem written law for this? Movie houses are there to make money.

SsZER0

Banned
May 18, 2002
Originally, some people replaced their stock metal hoods with ones made out of carbon fiber (much, much lighter and just as strong). Carbon fiber is made out of woven graphite cloth, which just so happens to be black in color. Of course now you got ricers who paint their hoods black, but don't actually replace it...all form and no function.

Originally posted by: AlwaysWong
Kinda off topic, but why is it fashionable to have a black hood on a tricked out import? Particularly those yellow Civics.

bugsysiegel

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2001
Originally posted by: SsZER0
Originally, some people replaced their stock metal hoods with ones made out of carbon fiber (much, much lighter and just as strong). Carbon fiber is made out of woven graphite cloth, which just so happens to be black in color. Of course now you got ricers who paint their hoods black, but don't actually replace it...all form and no function.

And here I thought it was fiberglass, like back in the 70's on muscle cars. Learn something new everyday.

SsZER0

Banned
May 18, 2002
Yep...fiberglass hoods are lighter than metal, but carbon fiber is even lighter and stronger...not to mention it looks better. :)

Originally posted by: bugsysiegel

And here I thought it was fiberglass, like back in the 70's on muscle cars. Learn something new everyday.

saftey

Banned
Apr 29, 2002
that chick in fast and the furious and in resident evil has to be the worst female actor next to that bimbo on the show becker.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Yep...fiberglass hoods are lighter than metal, but carbon fiber is even lighter and stronger...not to mention it looks better. :)

Originally posted by: bugsysiegel

I believe carbon fiber is even stronger than steel, while fiberglass cracks very easily...

However it is quite dangerous to replace your steel hood with carbon fiber ones, since carbon fiber does not crumble like metal, but snaps... so when you get into an accident, it doesnt react the same as a steel hood, and does not offer as much protection...