Japan aims to abandon nuclear power by 2030s

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Nope, Japan has a made a huge purchase from Obamatech and plans to satisfy its energy needs with proper tire inflation.

Why is that funny? It actually saves a bunch of gas. But the image of a bunch of indignant Righties driving around on flat-assed tires to spite liberals actually seems quite fitting for some reason.

You know you walked into that old one..that goes back to carter and you all still fall for it.

PandaBear

Golden Member
Aug 23, 2000
I think they should focus on getting a safe and good reactor out (i.e. Fast reactor with passive safety) instead of chasing after fossil fuel.

Unless they consider running power line to Siberia and China and buy electricity from them, they have no alternative.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Why is that funny? It actually saves a bunch of gas. But the image of a bunch of indignant Righties driving around on flat-assed tires to spite liberals actually seems quite fitting for some reason.

You know you walked into that old one..that goes back to carter and you all still fall for it.
I'm sure it would save a bunch of gas IFF there were bunches of people driving around on grossly under-inflated tires. It would not however be a power source, or even account for the increase in demand due to the increase in population. As always, it's merely a red herring tossed out to look as if one is addressing the problem rather than simply making it worse.