Janklow claiming he had a "diabetic reaction" <<Update: Guilty on all counts>>

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: alchemize
Janklow deserves to spend a dime in the State Pen. Good riddance scumbag! :|

EDIT: CNN.com - Janklow guilty of manslaughter
Kennedy next, Right DM?

Are you talking about Chappaquiddick?

Unfortunately(or fortunately for some) I would think that the statute of limitations might play into that one....but I haven't researched Massachusetts law to see what the limits are.

CkG

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Good news but I bet he won't spend a day behind bars:(

Kennedy should have gone down. I'm not sure if they had sophisticated equipment back then to measure blood alcohol 12 hours later, but the mear fact he admiting to having a "couple drinks" in addition to evading law enforcement for 12 hours should have been enough to sentence him for a minimum of manslaughter prehaps second degree if they could show it and even first if he had motive.. (IE she was pregnant)

Of course with money you get power and with power you get favorable treatment everyplace.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo
Good news but I bet he won't spend a day behind bars:(

Kennedy should have gone down. I'm not sure if they had sophisticated equipment back then to measure blood alcohol 12 hours later, but the mear fact he admiting to having a "couple drinks" in addition to evading law enforcement for 12 hours should have been enough to sentence him for a minimum of manslaughter prehaps second degree if they could show it and even first if he had motive.. (IE she was pregnant)

Of course with money you get power and with power you get favorable treatment everyplace.
I agree, Kennedy should have gone down!

Too bad Janklow won't be put in Gen Pop with Convicted Bikers. I can assure you that justice would be served!

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Just wondering if you feel the same way about a (D) that was a drunk and killed someone in a car...
Of course I would feel the same way. Nice try though - injecting a little partisanship into this particular case. ;) What? In order for a (R) to be indicted on manslaughter charges, a (D) has to as well? Can't the Janklow case stand on its own?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Just wondering if you feel the same way about a (D) that was a drunk and killed someone in a car...
Of course I would feel the same way. Nice try though - injecting a little partisanship into this particular case. ;) What? In order for a (R) to be indicted on manslaughter charges, a (D) has to as well? Can't the Janklow case stand on its own?

I think someone else inserted a little partisanship first...

Hmmmm, almost sounds like you're apologizing for Janklow. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

I think Janklow got what he deserved, and the case did stand on it's own. Too bad Kennedy got a pass. I assume you think he's a scumbag too right?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Hmmmm, almost sounds like you're apologizing for Janklow. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

I think Janklow got what he deserved, and the case did stand on it's own. Too bad Kennedy got a pass. I assume you think he's a scumbag too right?

Nope. I simply wondered why Cad put on the kid gloves all of a sudden. Regarding Kennedy, I'm not as familiar with his particular case, however I feel the same way: nobody is above the law. Do you feel the need to distract from Janklow's case by bringing up Kennedy's?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Nope. I simply wondered why Cad put on the kid gloves all of a sudden. Regarding Kennedy, I'm not as familiar with his particular case, however I feel the same way: nobody is above the law. Do you feel the need to distract from Janklow's case by bringing up Kennedy's?
I'm just trying to establish if your viewpoint is partisan or not. Get familar with the Kennedy case, then let me know if is he is a scumbag or not. He's a senior spokesman for your party, you ought to know...

Whitling: Sure I have personal problems. Are are you exempt? Or do you have some obscure point I missed?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
'm just trying to establish if your viewpoint is partisan or not. Get familar with the Kennedy case, then let me know if is he is a scumbag or not. He's a senior spokesman for your party, you ought to know...
Huh? What party? If you're implying I'm a democrat, you're sadly mistaken. And yes, from what limited info I know about the Chappaquiddick/Kennedy case, he basically got off with a slap on the wrists. He's as much a scumbag as Janklow. And nearly as bloated too. There. You happy? :)

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
'm just trying to establish if your viewpoint is partisan or not. Get familar with the Kennedy case, then let me know if is he is a scumbag or not. He's a senior spokesman for your party, you ought to know...
Huh? What party? If you're implying I'm a democrat, you're sadly mistaken. And yes, from what limited info I know about the Chappaquiddick/Kennedy case, he basically got off with a slap on the wrists. He's as much a scumbag as Janklow. And nearly as bloated too. There. You happy? :)
Well DM you generally align yourself with the liberal viewpoint so I made an assumption. Or maybe you are like me and you just align yourself against the viewpoint that annoys you, while not necessarily supporting the viewpoing people think you do ;)

Yes, now I'm happy ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Umm - I don't see my post in this exchange. "kid gloves"? what? Hardly. If you want to talk Kennedy - I have alot more than his little swimming episode to use against him;) This just isn't the thread for Swimmer bashing - feel free to start one though.

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Umm - I don't see my post in this exchange. "kid gloves"? what? Hardly. If you want to talk Kennedy - I have alot more than his little swimming episode to use against him;) This just isn't the thread for Swimmer bashing - feel free to start one though.

CkG

Sure talk about Kennedy all you want. I'm sure that you'll soften the blow with annecdotes about your friend who drove off a bridge and how his passenger drowned and how that could happen to anyone, and how easy it is to stand on the sidelines and judge, and OMG what if it were YOU? ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Sure talk about Kennedy all you want. I'm sure that you'll soften the blow with annecdotes about your friend who drove off a bridge and how his passenger drowned and how that could happen to anyone, and how easy it is to stand on the sidelines and judge, and OMG what if it were YOU? ;)

Nope - don't have a freind that dumped his car in the drink after drinking...and then got away scott free. However even if I did- it still wouldn't make it any less wrong:p
Your comments still don't make sense though. I stated early in this thread that what he(Janklow) did was wrong and that he should be punished for it...but ofcourse you still don't seem to want to see that. And then I make the comment about justice being served when he was found guilty on all accounts...but we'll just forget that too. Yeah - kid gloves
rolleye.gif

CkG

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Actually, justice will, or won't, be served when the sentence is handed down. Having been found guilty or innocent has little to do with serving justice, imo. ;)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG

Nope - don't have a freind that dumped his car in the drink after drinking...and then got away scott free. However even if I did- it still wouldn't make it any less wrong:p
Your comments still don't make sense though. I stated early in this thread that what he(Janklow) did was wrong and that he should be punished for it...but ofcourse you still don't seem to want to see that. And then I make the comment about justice being served when he was found guilty on all accounts...but we'll just forget that too. Yeah - kid gloves
rolleye.gif

CkG

Whatever. You and alchemize can't even stay on topic. Apparantly, nobody can talk about Janklow without the partisans dredging up some 40-year old case against Kennedy. WTF?
rolleye.gif

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

rolleye.gif

CkG

Whatever. You and alchemize can't even stay on topic. Apparantly, nobody can talk about Janklow without the partisans dredging up some 40-year old case against Kennedy. WTF?
rolleye.gif

Which is what I said - it doesn't make a difference because I think the statute of limitations come into play in his case.

You seem to have a problem understanding that I was actually trying to nullify the Kennedy issue, and that just becuase I quoted your post doesn't mean that I was arguing against you.:p Like I said - I have much more to use against Kennedy than his little swimming episode.

CkG