Jamestown - Legend of the Lost Colony

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Anyone pick it up? I got it last night and played for about an hour and was really enjoying it, I kind of get the feeling it's going to be pretty short but I love those old top down shooters too much to care. The graphics are pretty slick, very fluid animations which I really like, and one of the things that actually stood out to me most was how good the music is. It's definitely period influenced but modern at the same time.

It's a bit of a bullet hell experience which is undoubtedly frustrating for some people but their "Vaunt" shield mechanism works well to give you an "out" in tight spots. The ships are unique but I do kind of miss the old "poweruppoweruppoweruppowerup!!" drop style, and the ships seem a little one dimensional as a result I think.

For my money I already like it much more than a number of other recent budget/indie titles, especially with the amount of polish it has already.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I think they are kind of confused, Roanoke Island was the Lost Colony, Jamestown is the one that succeeded. ;) Never heard of this game but I am going to check it out, thanks.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
I swear to Allah.. that I read the title as "Jonestown - Legend of the lost colony". Immediately thought who in their right mind would make a game out of that. :ninja:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I wanted to post something about this game after browsing through steam the other day.

"Jamestown the Lost Colony
zinfamous: hmm, sounds interesting. Civ, Settlers-like, maybe?
*clicks on link. watches video
*sees top down crazy japanese shooter with colony-like backgrounds
zinfamous is thoroughly confused.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I wanted to post something about this game after browsing through steam the other day.

"Jamestown the Lost Colony
zinfamous: hmm, sounds interesting. Civ, Settlers-like, maybe?
*clicks on link. watches video
*sees top down crazy japanese shooter with colony-like backgrounds
zinfamous is thoroughly confused.

That pretty much describes my reaction too.