Jaguar vs K10 (llano) at same clocks

rahulgarg

Oct 3, 2012
Hi folks. I wrote a blogpost (with test data) about Jaguar vs Llano at same clocks (1.5GHz). I tested Llano myself while I sourced Jaguar data from TR, Anandtech as well as PCPer.

Thoughts welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Hi folks. I wrote a blogpost (with test data) about Jaguar vs Llano at same clocks (1.5GHz). I tested Llano myself while I sourced Jaguar data from TR, Anandtech as well as PCPer.

Thoughts welcome :)

Wow, that's actually pretty damn impressive. I'm running a K10 quadcore in my main rig - kind of amazing that a highly clocked Jaguar could be in touching distance of it.

Nice post!

Last edited by a moderator:

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Self-promotion is verboten, against the rules, when it comes to directing and driving traffic off-site.

If you want to post the technical and relevant contents of your blogpost here in toto as a wholly self-contained thread topic then you are welcome to do so.

Otherwise your actions are materially no different than the spammers who post here with links to cheap Nike shoes direct from China ;)

podspi

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2011
Very interesting. I wonder how Bulldozer/Piledriver would do @ 1.5ghz as well...

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Self-promotion is verboten, against the rules, when it comes to directing and driving traffic off-site.

If you want to post the technical and relevant contents of your blogpost here in toto as a wholly self-contained thread topic then you are welcome to do so.

Otherwise your actions are materially no different than the spammers who post here with links to cheap Nike shoes direct from China ;)

Granted , but a member can post the link , it would
still be within the forum rules .
For the time , this is one of the most bizzarre topic given its current state...

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Granted , but a member can post the link , it would
still be within the forum rules .
For the time , this is one of the most bizzarre topic given its current state...

A fellow member can post the link, essentially vouching for the link as an unaffiliated individual.

It eliminates the natural conflict of interest that comes with people who are keen to shop their blogs for personal gain.

You'd be surprised by the number of people who have had to be banned because they had zero shame in their efforts to hijack Anand's forum members to drive up their own page counts.

If you want to interact with the traffic that exists within this community then we make the reasonable expectation that you interact with the community here, where the community has congregated.

Don't come here and say "gee, its so great that all these people have already assembled in one handy place on Anand's dime, now if only they'd all leave and come to my site and drive up my page impression stats! Please click here and redeem your free iPod, you may already be a winner!".

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Llano is an improved K10 with 6% better IPC so Jaguar
is in fact even closer that thoses numbers.

inf64

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2011
Abwx is correct. Jaguar is AMD's most efficient design to date from perf./watt/mm^2 POV. Kaveri has a good chance to take the crown but die area is unknown and performance increases are pure speculation so far.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
Good scores. I remember reading that the original Bobcat was targeted for 90% of the performance of a K8 core, so the fact that Jaguar is ~80% the performance of a K10 core is pretty darn good.

Seems like the one thing that Jaguar is missing are some good boost clocks.

inf64

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2011
The jaguar scores are with single channel memory that is shared with iGPU too. This somewhat affects the scores.