Iwill kk266 question.

Junior77

Feb 8, 2001
I'm replacing my kt7a mobo with the iwill kk266 free of charge. I read on the iwill website that it says to use the 4in1 v4.23. Is this true? How do i know which mobos are via based chipsets (which require the 4in1 drivers)? Do all amd mobos require the 4in1 drivers? I'm getting confused as to which drivers need to be downloaded for mobos. I want to make sure I install the proper drivers. I already put the latest bios on disk for when i get the mobo. It's 515, if I downloaded the proper bios update. Any websites that give particular info on this mobo please post.

acexg1

Feb 24, 2001
The KK266 is a Via based motherboard. You need the 4 in 1's for it.
I find it odd that their site recommends v 4.23, as the cd I got came with v4.28... works fine.
I suppose the newest versions can also be used. All Via chipset mobo's require 4 in 1's, but not all mobo's that use AMD processors... although there are mobo's based on AMD >CHIPSETS<, and they require their own drivers, but again, the KK266 has the via chipset, so it still requires the 4 in 1's, availiable from Via's website. Here's a good site for the KK266.

EDIT: Corrected links.

mlchang

Jan 5, 2001
I am using the VIA 4.31 4n1's in WIN2K without trouble that I can tell, although my hard drive performance isn't stellar...the 4.31's were supposed to fix that problem right? But then again it is just a SiSoft benchmark. Other than that, my Iwill works great with these 4n1s.

My system is running so well, I afraid to mess with it. I might try to put in the Microsoft ATA-100 hotfix and see.