I've never cried staring at a picture....

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
But I can't stop tearing up over this one. :(

Sorry Duddy, if were just a few posts I would edit them out with a warning, but it's too far gone so this is getting locked because there are members here that can't keep the politics of it. I am sorry your thread got hijacked.

esquared
Anandtech Senior Moderator

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Wasn't P&N the appropriate venue for this, Duddy? :roll:

As for the photo,
rose.gif

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Pabster
Wasn't P&N the appropriate venue for this, Duddy? :roll:

As for the photo,
rose.gif

No, because this is human. This isn't about politics or news. This is way more important than that. Don't you think?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Duddy
No, because this is human. This isn't about politics or news. This is way more important than that. Don't you think?

Well you posted it in P&N first...

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Duddy

Well you posted it in P&N first...

No I didn't. :confused:

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Wow, a dead person.

Seriously, 30,000 children die of starvation in Africa. Why is this any different?

I know it's sad blah blah blah, but we need to be real here.

RapidSnail

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Noobtastic
Wow, a dead person.

Seriously, 30,000 children die of starvation in Africa. Why is this any different?

Thank you, Captain Woosh.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I have a ton of respect for war photographers. To actually stand there with a camera and focus your shot is probably like pointing a shotgun at Old Yeller.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: RapidSnail
Wow, a dead person.

Thank you, Captain Woosh.

Your welcome, Private Douche.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: brxndxn
That one didn't move me as much as this one:

http://www.photojournalism.org...es/source/feature1.htm

Either way, goddamn it! Why the fuck were we ever over there in the first fucking place? Now the blood is in our hands.

Oh cry me a river.

The blood is on the hands of the insurgents, not the United States. Yeah the US shouldn't have been there to begin with, but you cannot excuse these peoples actions with "meddling in their affairs."

that's bulls**t.

Enabling state-sponsored terrorists with self-pity and validation.

Grow a pair man.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Yeah the US shouldn't have been there to begin with, but you cannot excuse these peoples actions with "meddling in their affairs."
So, hypothetically, if the Chinese invaded the UK (even though they "shouldn't have been there to begin with") and British people against the unlawful occupation of their country started killing Chinese soldiers, would they be terrorists...murderers?

Just curious if your story stays the same even though the names and places change.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: TallBill
There'd be a whole lot more of that if we pulled out right now.
Nobody really knows if there would be a whole lot more if we pulled out, or a whole lot less if we never went it. It's all speculation, and a matter of opinion.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Yeah the US shouldn't have been there to begin with, but you cannot excuse these peoples actions with "meddling in their affairs."
So, hypothetically, if the Chinese invaded the UK (even though they "shouldn't have been there to begin with") and British people against the unlawful occupation of their country started killing Chinese soldiers, would they be terrorists...murderers?

Just curious if your story stays the same even though the names and places change.

Says the guy gloating about no WMD's found and using death counts to score political points (attempting to be humorous) in his signature....