I've had this nightmare about 12 times in my life

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
In this nightmare, a GIANT plane is falling to earth VERY slowly.

The plane is so big that if you look side to side you can only see the nose of the plane, and this gigantic plane is falling for less then 1 miles per hour.

In this nightmare I'm running from house to house for a long time warning everyone there is a gigantic plane about to crash.

I think this nightmare was inspired by the zelda's Majora's Mask video game were the moon was falling to earth extremely slowly.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I had a dream where I was in a plane crash at the top of a mountain. There were bunches of people milling about the snow covered crash site. There were other bunches of people not milling about because they were dead. The question came up whether to stay with the plane or hike down out of the cold and the snow. Everyone decided to stay with the plane and climbed back in to keep warm. It was morning when the plane crashed. The day was sunny and warm (for being on top of a snow capped peak). The snow and ice started melting in the warm sun and the plane broke free and slid off of the mountain. As the plane plunged down the mountain side, passengers ran out onto the wings to tilt the plane in one direction or the other, effectively steering the plane and thereby avoiding rock outcrops and stands of trees. This went on for some time as we rode the plane off the mountain. Eventually, the plane came to rest near a ski chalet. Astonished onlookers rushed to gaze upon the astonishing sight of the plane with all the passengers riding the wings in an astonished fashion. As I stepped off the plane, I asked the lead onlooker (that's a job title for The Onion, btw), "What, you've never seen a jet ski before?" I literally laughed myself awake when I realized the entire dream was a setup for a stupid pun.

Reactions: lxskllr

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
In this nightmare, a GIANT plane is falling to earth VERY slowly.

The plane is so big that if you look side to side you can only see the nose of the plane, and this gigantic plane is falling for less then 1 miles per hour.

In this nightmare I'm running from house to house for a long time warning everyone there is a gigantic plane about to crash.

I think this nightmare was inspired by the zelda's Majora's Mask video game were the moon was falling to earth extremely slowly.

Yur gay.
also, you wanna marry your mother.

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
I used to have this really intense recurring nightmare once every couple months that kind of played out like a survival horror video game. Myself and several random folks I don't know would suddenly wake up in the middle of this hallway. At each end of the hallway was a stairwell going up to another similar level of hallway, and also a door that led to a dark, empty room. Shortly upon waking up here, we would hear this menacing growling noise, getting closer and closer. Then, on one of the stairwells, we would see this huge behemoth of a monster descend down the stairs. It looked something similar to the behemoth from Heroes of Might and Magic 3, with massive claws and sharp fangs.

latest

Well, the minute this thing spotted you, it came rushing at you, and it was fast. It was about twice the speed of a human, so you could not outrun it if it was close. It would always leap upon a random stranger and start tearing him apart, while everyone else would scatter in the other direction. Either myself or a nearby stranger would enter a room at the end of the hall via one of the doors and realize that the beast either could not sense us or could not break through the doors to get us in these rooms. So, we'd wait until the growling disappeared, and then we'd venture out and up a level. Sometimes the monster would catch us out in the hallway but be far enough away that we could sprint to the nearest door and escape into a room and hide, usually making it by the skin of our teeth. This process would repeat until there was maybe 2-3 of us left, and we'd be on the top level, where there were no further stairwells left to go up from.

At this point, in the middle of the top hallway, would be a huge hole in the wall that would lead to a dark cave. Inside this dark cave would be a glowing red orb floating about a few inches above a pedestal. If you touched it, nothing happened. However, there were three switches on a wall that if pulled, would cause the orb to change colors from red to blue. This would also set off an alarm that would make the beast immediately come rushing to the cave. It was at that point you had about 1.5 seconds to run to the blue orb and grab it, which would teleport you back to the normal world outside.

Had this dream probably 40-50 times, but it's been a few years. It got to the point where if the dream started, I was lucid and immediately recognized what dream it was, which increased my chances of getting out. Sometimes I wouldn't make it, and would wake up in a cold sweat right as the beast leapt at me. Maybe I played too many video games or watched too many scary movies, who knows. Still amazes me how much I remember to this day even though it's been a long time.

Reactions: BudAshes

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
It's still better that recurring nightmare I've been having where Mayne moves next door and washes his stained pants outside. Eww.

Reactions: Avalon

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I used to have this really intense recurring nightmare once every couple months that kind of played out like a survival horror video game. Myself and several random folks I don't know would suddenly wake up in the middle of this hallway. At each end of the hallway was a stairwell going up to another similar level of hallway, and also a door that led to a dark, empty room. Shortly upon waking up here, we would hear this menacing growling noise, getting closer and closer. Then, on one of the stairwells, we would see this huge behemoth of a monster descend down the stairs. It looked something similar to the behemoth from Heroes of Might and Magic 3, with massive claws and sharp fangs.

latest

Well, the minute this thing spotted you, it came rushing at you, and it was fast. It was about twice the speed of a human, so you could not outrun it if it was close. It would always leap upon a random stranger and start tearing him apart, while everyone else would scatter in the other direction. Either myself or a nearby stranger would enter a room at the end of the hall via one of the doors and realize that the beast either could not sense us or could not break through the doors to get us in these rooms. So, we'd wait until the growling disappeared, and then we'd venture out and up a level. Sometimes the monster would catch us out in the hallway but be far enough away that we could sprint to the nearest door and escape into a room and hide, usually making it by the skin of our teeth. This process would repeat until there was maybe 2-3 of us left, and we'd be on the top level, where there were no further stairwells left to go up from.

At this point, in the middle of the top hallway, would be a huge hole in the wall that would lead to a dark cave. Inside this dark cave would be a glowing red orb floating about a few inches above a pedestal. If you touched it, nothing happened. However, there were three switches on a wall that if pulled, would cause the orb to change colors from red to blue. This would also set off an alarm that would make the beast immediately come rushing to the cave. It was at that point you had about 1.5 seconds to run to the blue orb and grab it, which would teleport you back to the normal world outside.

Had this dream probably 40-50 times, but it's been a few years. It got to the point where if the dream started, I was lucid and immediately recognized what dream it was, which increased my chances of getting out. Sometimes I wouldn't make it, and would wake up in a cold sweat right as the beast leapt at me. Maybe I played too many video games or watched too many scary movies, who knows. Still amazes me how much I remember to this day even though it's been a long time.

HOMM3 was such a great game.