I've Got a Band Going...

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
...kind of. We started playing together not too long ago. We don't even have a name or anything, just kinda got together and started playing some music we wrote:).

We're 3 pieces:

Me-Piano/Bass, Vocals
Jake-Guitar, Vocals
Greg-Drums

We've kinda got our own style. If any of y'all listen to Radiohead or Ben Folds Five, that's how I would describe it, simply because we're a kind of music that isn't strange or weird or new, but you can't really slide it into a given genre.

If we ever make a tape I'll upload here.

Anyone else in a band? If so, upload here, I'd love to listen (as long as you're not something like Korn or Limp Bizkit or that kind of music). Deeko I've already heard yours.:)

And, if you look at my sig and wonder, yes, I am mainly a classical musician.;)

EDIT: Scroll down for update on my upload...

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Hey, I recorded just me playing the piano part (which is the lead instrument for this song) for a 60-second portion of one of the songs I wrote. I did those for my own purposes, a record of what I was doing rhythmically with the chords I wrote down, but should I upload that? If so, I'm using a WSY/WYG program and I have no idea how to upload a WAV using that. Can someone tell me how to do it with actual HTML? I can type that up real quick and upload-that is, if there is an interest. I'm usually the singer for this, but I didn't do it for this recording (like I said, I was just keeping a record of the chords, and there are no other instruments). So, should I do it?

4824guy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Playing in a band with a few good friends is a blast. But the rehearsals, practicing, and problems that come up make it hard to keep a band together for a long period of time.

Enjoy it and have fun while it lasts.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
"COW AND CHICKEN YEAH! COW AND CHICKEN YEAH! COW AND CHICKEN YEAH! COOOOW!

Moo."

:p

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

<< johnjohn320 - get deeko for vocals as well. >>

sorry, I only spend my time with QUALITY musicians ;)

Just jokin with ya johnjohn :)

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I run the soundboard for a local band named Shifty. They're pretty good, but strapped for cash, aren't all small bands though? Pretty good though.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001

<< sorry, I only spend my time with QUALITY musicians >>

How do you live with yourself then? :) LOL jk

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Sorry johnjohn I read through the thread and I still don't know why you need HTML.

You want to upload a .wav file to a server of some sort correct?

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
BTW- This is my miserable attemp at a song. HERE. I wasn't really looking for creativeness, just trying to get a good sound with the recording gear I got.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
UPDATE:Ah, nevermind, forget it. I'll just upload some stuff from the whole band if/when we make a tape. We'll see how it goes, I was just talking to Jake on the phone about this &quot;group&quot;, he thinks we should work on a couple of covers before we dive any further into our own music, but I kinda disagree. There's the first bump in the road, folks.:) Thing is, we're not preparing for any performances or anything, so if we ever actually ARGUED about anything, we'd just say fvck it and move on (we've done this once before, actually, and that's what happened).

I haven't even written words to most of the songs yet...

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Ive got a band going now, we play local shows. We are called &quot;Plan B&quot;. I think we are going to make a CD this summer so I will upload it for you guys. If you have napster, you might find a very odd cover song by a group of friends of mine of &quot;Say it Aint So&quot; its not by the same guys in Plan B and the band name is &quot;Scott Brown and the Munchies&quot;... dont ask it was a long messed up night. I play bass btw

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001

<< Scott Brown and the Munchies >>

LOL! :D I like that name. :)

It's not on Napster, so you'll have to upload it if you want us to hear.

Nutdotnet, that actually sounded pretty cool. You were singing and guitar I take it?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME !

I have a band. Drummers of the world unite!