I've been invaded by aliens. RTX 2080 Ti *Updated 5/6*

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
I'm sure NV does know, but info from EVGA(and the rest) has more weight with NV than info from random card owners.
If you let the customers do your testing, you'll get a lot of inconsistencies and it will be hard to work with the results.

Savigny

Sep 4, 2019
IEC, can you give us an update? I bought an ASUS RTX 2080 Ti Strix 11G Gaming just 1 Month ago and do have exact the same issue. The Change of powermanagement do fix the issue but gives me a hot and power-hungry graphic card. Thought they had fixed that problem.

Thank you!

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
@Savigny

If you want IEC to notice, you may have to mention him. Right, @IEC ? Otherwise, I'm sorry to hear that yet another poor soul has fallen victim to the space invaders. That's something like a $1300 video card!

Interesting, also, that you are having the same problem on an Asus card. It isn't just EVGA recommending a fix through changing power management. Hmmm

Savigny

Sep 4, 2019
Yes, thank you, @DrMrLordX. Would you give us a short update @IEC ? :)

Edit:
Well, it seems that IEC has not found the time to answer or does not want to. I'll send my card back, still space invaders.

Last edited:

Savigny

Sep 4, 2019
As @IEC still dont want to comment, here is a short update: retoure of the card - new repaired card. Worked for one hour, then same crap again.

Last edited:

Savigny

Sep 4, 2019
Has anyone noticed that the "Space Invaders" are actually small symbols of death-skulls?

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
People are still getting space invaders in Oct 2019? I thought NV had whipped that problem?

Yup i could have had a 2080ti in my system a while ago but that non sense certainly scares me. I already had a used 1070ti fail on me this year as it is.

What ever happened to QC? Unless a new batch fixed this issue,who knows what you could possibly get from a retailer even still. You could very well still get one of the busted cards. Not paying that kind of money to deal with a broken or potentially flawed product.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Pretty sure they've isolated the problem months ago to a batch from the earlier chips. The reported problems were mostly within the first 6 months of Turing. Reports have dropped off since then, but not completely gone. If some odd shop or retailer still had old stock, a new buyer might run into the problem.

Pascal has had a good record and is probably the most solid Nvidia line in terms of QA. An owner or two having an issue is not much of a statistic.