Question iTunes Home Sharing: Cloud Syncing Not Working for Watched Downloaded iTunes Content from PC to Apple TV 4k

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
I'm using iTunes Home Sharing to watch my iTunes TV shows purchases which I downloaded to my PC, which is currently being used as an iTunes media server. I noticed that if I'm done watching an episode of a TV show, the episode won't be marked as watched in the cloud version of that episode. However, it will be marked as watched locally in the iTunes app on my PC when I'm done watching the download version of the episode. I also noticed that if I watch the cloud version of the episode, the downloaded version will sync up and be marked as watched when done. However, this doesn't happen the other way around. Is there a way to get the downloaded version of an episode to sync up with the cloud version of the same episode all the way through and by all the way through I'm mean get marked as watched for the cloud version in addition to the downloaded version?

Geven

Banned
May 15, 2023
It's a bit of a late reply but I think you could try signing out and back into your iTunes account both on your PC and Apple TV. This tends to refresh the syncing process. Also, ensure your PC and Apple TV are both up-to-date with the latest software.
If that doesn't work, you might want to double-check your home sharing settings. There could be a setting that needs adjusting.