iTunes Error -3253

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I've been running into a rather annoying problem as of late. I usually update my iOS apps in iTunes, and if they're small, I tend to download more than one at a time. Note that I cannot use update all because I do not want to update two apps (went ad-supported after I paid for them). The problem arises when I try to download more than one app at a time. The second download will almost always fail with error -3253. If I hit the little icon that looks like a refresh button, the download starts up without a problem.

What makes this problem even more strange is that it is not affecting just app downloads. Sometimes when I listen to a song preview in iTunes, it will cut out after 5-10 seconds. This happens to every song. What makes this even more strange is that I've also seen this occur on Amazon with their MP3 previews.

For those conspiracy theorists out there, consider this little tidbit... I first started seeing these problems the day that Comcast announced that they would stop monitoring their users. Coincidence? :hmm:

Note that I am running the latest version ( 10.6.3.25 ).

midwestfisherman

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2003
n508012319_104782_9204.jpg

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Haha... when I originally wrote that post (I tend to rewrite posts a lot), I had a comment about donning my tinfoil hat. ;)

EDIT:

Oh and to note, closing iTunes doesn't get rid of the problem. I still can't preview songs for more than a few seconds. :(

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
There are a large number of discussions of error 3253 in the Apple Support Communities that may help. Following is just one (I only looked at a few of them so this one may not be the most helpful): https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3980449?start=0&tstart=0

Thanks for that. I guess my Google Fu is not as strong as it has been as I didn't find that! I turned off allowing simultaneous downloads, which ought to help for the time being.