it's YOU'RE not YOUR

Gautam

Jun 29, 2000
Hi,
Is it me or are people just so stupid they can't
differentiate between YOU'RE (short for YOU ARE)
and YOUR. Is the apostrophe key a bit too far to
the left that it has become of a nuisance to move
our fingers that far?

I mean it's such a bitch at times to read statements
like "...haha...your such an idiot.." as dumb as I
may seem, it's annoying (to me at least). I just don't
get it....Hehehe...

Oh well...

Bye!

--
Gautam N. Lad
http://cubicdesign.virtualave.net

Janus

Oct 9, 1999
Generally poor grammar and Internet mediated communication are synonymous (there is actually a body of literature in the communication field that discusses this.) I usually just look the other way and read past it for the content.

BUT - this discussion is WAY off topic, perhaps it should be moved to the appropriate forum.

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
This belongs in the Off Topic forum.

Jun 16, 2000
poeple have a tendency to shorten things when they type. I think it's just a mater of speed.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
If you have a legit gripe, take it to Off Topic

medic

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No, but it really bothers me when people use improper grammar....

Is the apostrophe key a bit too far to
the left that it has become of a nuisance

;)

Zorba

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
Is it just me, or are you so stupid you can't tell the difference between Left and Right. The ' key is on the right of the key board, although if you were talking about the ` key it is on the left. The only problem is, if you meant the ` key then you should've used that key instead of the ' key. But back to the point the ' is on the right not left. Proof read, before you bitch about other people's habits/mistakes.

Oct 11, 1999
Some people that visit these Forums use English as their second Language. Like me.

Basterd!

Oct 9, 1999

<< Hmm. where's the hardware here? >>

The first time I read this I thought it was Hardware that wrote it. :)

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yes I know it can get annoying to read the same errors over and over again, but......so what!? you come here as a junior member knowing nothing and the first thing you do is to talk down on people whose english skills aren't maybe the best. BLEH. go away.

Apr 30, 2000
I find it mildly comical that anyone can get so upset about grammar and spelling.

were where
you're your
i I
im I'm
dont don't
didnt didn't
to too two

and many more!
Shoots, I started a sentence with &quot;and&quot;!

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
<<I mean it's such a bitch at times to read statements
like &quot;...haha...your such an idiot>>

You should be able to translate. These forums are not being submitted as a thesis by anyone. It's not a sign of low intelligence either.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gautam you've got NADs coming in here as a junior and trying to tell people who have been here long before you your opinions about thier spelling. Analyze this anal box brain! :|

Jan 26, 2000
Daedalus

You mean all this time I thought I was being graded. I thought that was how we got our Member status.:p

Princess;)

Feb 2, 2000
No, actually, it's mine, so just hand it over, and I will let it go, this time. :D

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Crysla, you deserve you're:Q own unique member status. Nekkid Princess or something. ;)

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
the word &quot;anal&quot; used as a verb/funny word cracks me up :D

Oct 9, 1999
Oh, geez, I agree with the guy. If you cannot figure out the damn difference between &quot;YOUR&quot; and &quot;YOU'RE&quot;, you have serious problems. Certainly you have an excuse if English is not your (<--see, that's correct) first language, but those people are scarcely the worst offenders. Besides, they usually end up with superior grammar to native speakers/writers!

It isn't a question of intelligence with most people, just inattention. However, it's just a pet peeve of mine, but since it's one of the most common errors, it tends to grate on my nerves. :D If you're part of the problem, then put your mind to fixing the problem. ;)

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
YOUSES ALL OUR SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Administrator
Oct 9, 1999
While we're at it, you probably should know that there is no such word as prolly. :Q

Oct 11, 1999
Prolly is a slang word. Geez... give it a break. Next thing you tell me I can?t say Geez, cause it's not in the English dictionary. :)

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000
hahaha this reminds me of that one Friend's episode where Ross &amp; Rachel break up for the 2nd time... about Rachel's letter to Ross- he says something along the lines of &quot;by the way, 'y-o-u-apostrophe-r-e' means 'you are'. Why does 'you are' mean 'your'?!?!&quot; kinda funny I thought :p

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS