It's time for a BIG "I TOLD YOU SO"

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
So after 7 years of rational, patriotic Americans warning the Bush wacko fans that his economic plans and policies were destroying America, now comes the time to say:

"I TOLD YOU SO"

and its time for the Bush wacko's to post a big apology.
and its time the we disregard any further opinions they have on how to run our economy.

We will be digging ourselve out of the Bush fiasco for...well, we won't get out of it.
Our kids will have to try.
Too late for us.

----------------------------------------
See comment in other locked thread

Senior Anandtech Moderator
Common Courtesy

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: techs
So after 7 years of rational, patriotic Americans warning the Bush wacko fans that his economic plans and policies were destroying America, now comes the time to say:

"I TOLD YOU SO"

and its time for the Bush wacko's to post a big apology.
and its time the we disregard any further opinions they have on how to run our economy.

We will be digging ourselve out of the Bush fiasco for...well, we won't get out of it.
Our kids will have to try.
Too late for us.

Unless you think Obama has a chance of getting the Oval office Bush fans won't have to apologize for a long time if ever.

McCain doesn't even have to campaign to win the Whitehouse at this point.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Tech, I sure can't say I disagree with you. But don't hold your breath waiting for an apology from GWB supporters. Take my word for it, they have a million excuses. And most of GWB's little chickens will not come home to roost before GWB is out of office.

And with the Federal reserve and its many minions, the Bush strategy seems to be to empty the treasury bail out the fat cats in a Monty Hall lets make a deal.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So is this a pre-emptive excuse for why the next 8 years of a Democrat in the White House wont do anything? (assuming we get a D for 8 years).

LOL

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Tech, I sure can't say I disagree with you. But don't hold your breath waiting for an apology from GWB supporters. Take my word for it, they have a million excuses. And most of GWB's little chickens will not come home to roost before GWB is out of office.

And with the Federal reserve and its many minions, the Bush strategy seems to be to empty the treasury bail out the fat cats in a Monty Hall lets make a deal.

lol blaming Bush for Fed Reserve issues.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Wow, this thread has a lot of deep thoughtful content. Something along the lines of "neener, neener, neener!"

Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, Bush hasn't really done that badly from an economic standpoint, imho. Given that he inherited a recession, one of the greatest stock market bubbles of all time, and shortly after being elected we were hit with 9/11, the recession was remarkably shallow. Obviously the spending has been out of control, and the foreign policy a disaster, but the economy has not been that bad.......relatively low inflation and unemployment. Presidents are given way too much credit or blame for the economy anyway, with so many other factors that come into play.

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
I'll hold off because I'm still waiting on that apology for 8 years of Clinton/Gore ending with a recession and terrorist attack.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: hellokeith
I'll hold off because I'm still waiting on that apology for 8 years of Clinton/Gore ending with a recession and terrorist attack.

On WHO's watch? :roll:

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Youre awesome Harvey. Under WHOs watch was 9/11 planned? Under WHOs budget were we operating under? Muahahahaha

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Lemon law

qft
Youre awesome Harvey. Under WHOs watch was 9/11 planned? Under WHOs budget were we operating under? Muahahahaha
Both, though students of history will note that in the months preceeding september 9, 2001, there are many warnings from the highest levels of intelligence that essentially went ignored by the bush administration so don't be so quick to blame this on Clinton not launching a cruise missile attack. A lot of this rests on Condi Rice who was expressedly uninterested in the warnings that came her way in the months prior to 911

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: Harvey

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Under WHO's watch was 9/11 allowed to happen on? Under WHO's watch was vital intelligence data left behind by the former president about the impending threat of Al Qeada ignored and put on the back burner? Under WHO's watch have we been steered away from finding and capturing/killing Bill Laden and moved onto frivolous nation building which has turn Iran into the number 1 power in the middle-East. Certainly not Clinton's.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Jmman
Wow, this thread has a lot of deep thoughtful content. Something along the lines of "neener, neener, neener!"

Anyway, in the grand scheme of things, Bush hasn't really done that badly from an economic standpoint, imho. Given that he inherited a recession, one of the greatest stock market bubbles of all time, and shortly after being elected we were hit with 9/11, the recession was remarkably shallow. Obviously the spending has been out of control, and the foreign policy a disaster, but the economy has not been that bad.......relatively low inflation and unemployment. Presidents are given way too much credit or blame for the economy anyway, with so many other factors that come into play.

Well, I couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup: :cookie:

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000

I like that idea too.