It's snowing!

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
yes...this is my first time experiencing winter!!!...WoHOOOOOOO!!!!!.....erm.....it's winter already rite??.....hehe.I'm in Michigan!!

Damaged

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
fsck! Been lightly snowing here in WI for like 3 days now.

UP MI has some very snowy winters. If I remember correctly from the days when KI Sawyer was still an AF base, and my friend's wife was stationed there, I thought she said their average snowfall was somewhere around 250"!! Mostly lake effect snow, but it's still lots of snow.

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
250" ?!?!?!.......My god..I'm really gonna love it here...hehe...

YES!!......just got promoted to senior member.

Is there anything to do on a day like this?? It's snowing heavily outside, went on a snowball fight with my friend earlier on. ;P

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I live in the UP of Michigan. I went snowboarding today too. It was sweet. Theres only about an inch of snow here but where I went snowboarding about 2 hours away there still was maybe 5 inches max. There was a lot of man-made snow though so it was all good.

We don't have very bad winters. I live by Lake Michigan and we don't get as much snow here compared to up north or western UP.

Oh yes. KI Sawyer that's up by Marquette and there is a ton of lake effect snow there.

edit: Pillage what city do you live in?

Damaged

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
That's not just MI, it's the Upper Penninsula in MI. Marquette to be exact. A tad bit different climate than say Detroit. :)

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
I'm staying in Kalamazoo. A student in WMU.....hehe....I'm from tropical country and this is way pass cool.

Damaged

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Heh. Ton of snow is right. All I remember is going up to visit my friend's wife, she was a boomer on a KC-135, and there were like tunnels through the snow. Not for me. :)

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Kalamazoo? Hmm I'm not sure how much will fall there. Got any on the ground yet?

Where I live it kind of sucks cause I like snow but last year was a really warm winter. We didn't have snow till a little before christmas and it was gone by the middle to end of February.

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
I'm from Rochester Hills, near Pontiac. We got some snow (bout half an inch) tonight, i'm hopin for more by monday, our school system is real lenient on snow days, hehehe.

Last year, we didn't get snow til mid december round here, but it stayed til mid April, wierd.

Let it snow
Let it snow
Let it snow

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
last year, we had 3 snow days, twice cuz of ice, and once we got let out of school cuz a squirrel froze to the power lines and shorted it out, that was sad :(

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< last year, we had 3 snow days, twice cuz of ice, and once we got let out of school cuz a squirrel froze to the power lines and shorted it out, that was sad >>

that squirrel sacrificed it's life so that there could be hundreds of happy souls that day. R.I.P.