It's official: I'm predicting Michael Schumacher will go out on top.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
There are two races left in the season. Michael Schumacher is tied in the points with Fernando Alonso at 116 points and even though MS holds the tie breaking win total for this year I think the championship has clearly swung his way. Ferrari and Bridgestone have gained the advantage over Michelin and Renault. Schumacher has the advantage of 4 spots on the grid for tomorrow's race and I think he'll win the race and baring any unlikely failure he'll go on to win his 8th World Driver's Championship.

Congrats to Michael Schumacher and :beer: to the end of an era.

Update: Well, I guess I got that one wrong! :p

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
well I was right about the alonso part. close on fischicella.

erm prediction was for this race though, not the championship. guess i need to work on that uh reading comprehension.

dopcombo

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2000
Haha, well MSC could still win the last round and become champion of the year.

It's a pity his engine blew out though.

Snapster

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
It would take exactly the reverse of this race for that to happen. Alonso just needs to finish in the points in the next race.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
So much for my prediction...:D

I'm not a big fan of Schumacher but was kind of hoping he'd go out on top. Still, it's good to see Alonso win again and the Championship swing back in his favor. Anyway, Alonso just needs to finish in the points in Brazil and he's World Champion. Doesn't matter if Schumacher wins. That's got to be a huge burden off Alonso's shoulders.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Snapster
It would take exactly the reverse of this race for that to happen. Alonso just needs to finish in the points in the next race.

stranger things have happpened.

Snapster

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Tom

Very true. If Schumacher wins, it'll be some elaborate plot that Alonso was crashed into, by say, Massa. :)

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Tom

Very true. If Schumacher wins, it'll be some elaborate plot that Alonso was crashed into, by say, Massa. :)

For some reason, I'm getting this feeling that Alonso is going to either pull over and let Schumacher win the race, or else might even retire so that he can win the championship. I think both Schumacher and the fans would decry either one, as its a sport of winning and hey, he knows his time is up and that its time to pass the torch, and he wouldn't want to be handed anything he didn't earn.

Its going to be interesting to see how things turn out at least. For all the bitching and moaning about the changes the last couple of seasons, I don't think anyone can debate that they have been at least a lot more interesting to watch, and the sport really hasn't changed that much at all, so apparently the changes were good. Its nice for there to be actual competition.