It's not so funny anymore..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Farang
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee
It is unbelievable at the entry level.. as a college grad I am having a harder time finding a job now than when I dropped out of college in 2006. When I dropped out I landed 1 job within a week with great benefits (travel industry) and then lost it due to a failed drug test (ironically because I had traveled to amsterdam). A

Traveling to Amsterdam makes you fail drug tests? :confused: They should really put that in the brochures!

yep, after 9/11 dutch customs used a "smoke this joint or go home" policy at the border to screen out foreign terrorists. They figure no honest tourist would be visiting for any other reason

lmbo... thanks :D

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
It is unbelievable at the entry level.. as a college grad I am having a harder time finding a job now than when I dropped out of college in 2006. When I dropped out I landed 1 job within a week with great benefits (travel industry) and then lost it due to a failed drug test (ironically because I had traveled to amsterdam). A

Traveling to Amsterdam makes you fail drug tests? :confused: They should really put that in the brochures!

yep, after 9/11 dutch customs used a "smoke this joint or go home" policy at the border to screen out foreign terrorists. They figure no honest tourist would be visiting for any other reason

LOL

just an aside
You know I hate to say this you do sound like loan officers they had in this show about housing bubble. They went from college dropout pizza drivers to millionaires over night writing these bogus loans back in frame you describe.:p

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
It is a recession when the guy down the street losses his job.

It is a depression when you lose your own job.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but we may be nearing the bottom. Retail sales seem to be leveling off and may actually start to raise again soon. That doesn't mean we are going to see a recovery, but it could mean that things won't get much worse.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo

LOL

just an aside
You know I hate to say this you do sound like loan officers they had in this show about housing bubble. They went from college dropout pizza drivers to millionaires over night writing these bogus loans back in frame you describe.:p

the jobs I got weren't that high paying, like $12.50 per hour. But with raises now I would probably be at $15 right now and that is unthinkable for me in this climate.

edit: but yes I was a college dropout pizza delivery driver :p