It's not only our right, it is our duty as America to not vote.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
When one votes, he is choosing which candidate he WANTS into office.

I want neither, therefore my CHOICE is to not vote for them.

Therefore logic dictates my vote is to NOT vote, and therefore have not "thrown my privledge" away but used in it a way people do not fully understand.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Neither party is willing to cut govt. spending. Oh they may make a few cuts here and there. They'll cut what doesn't suit them or their coffers but then they will increase spending for their pet projects.

Neither party can really cut taxes anymore because they have essentially painted themselves into a corner with the mounting debt they've caused. Now they both want to kick the can down the road until the economy improves like it was under Clinton. Problem is, that won't happen the way they are running the govt. and even if it does it seems like they both would just increase spending or cut taxes again and cause the same problem all over again.

Neither party has ever had any long term goals because of the 4-8 year terms. This ends up hurting the long term viability of the nation as a whole. By ever I meant in the not too distant past. It seems like not since the founding fathers has anyone in govt. given a damn about America's long term future.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Not voting in elections is currently one of the most pro-American, pro- Jeffersonian, pro-confederalism things you can do... after all, the One True Law (but not the legislation) of all Americans is the Declaration and the Confederation... they were the law so Americans did not want Americans to vote against their compatriots... The Federalists corrupted everything the first generation of Jeffersonian Americans stood for (the Anti-Federalists were older, wiser, and the True Founders of America, as in First Generation or progenitors of the American spirit). So please don't bind your fellow Americans by supporting Romney, Obama, Stein, Goode, and Johnson (who is telling us to live free by voting LP) for President. All of that said, it is not only our natural right, but our duty as America to break all of the chains that Hamilton, Clay, and Lincoln have binded us against!

I made that facebook post all on my own. What do you think about it? I think that maybe I shouldn't feel so proud of it, but at least I reasoned it all on my own.

all+by+myself.jpg

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I made that facebook post all on my own. What do you think about it? I think that maybe I shouldn't feel so proud of it, but at least I reasoned it all on my own.
So what you are saying is that everything els you have ever posted on these forums is plagiarized?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Voting is foolish, from an economic perspective.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/06/magazine/06freak.html?pagewanted=all

Those of you who are pro-voting, how many elections were determined by your vote? Yep, zero. Good job wasting your time to accomplish nothing of value.

Well once you come up with a magic formula that, however far into the voting period you can say "hey your vote doesn't matter anymore! No need to come to the polls!" that would be nice.

In the meantime I'm voting early and absentee, so my vote will, temporarily, matter more than most.

That article is retarded. Voting is collectivist by nature. Sure it doesn't make individual economic sense, that's the nature of extreme collectivism. Technically having children doesn't make individual economic sense. Guess no one should have kids either. :p

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Did you go see your doctor yesterday? Make sure you're staying on top of that.

<--------- Not joking and wishes you well.

Maybe a pm would be better instead of seemingly divulging private facts about a fellow forum member. What is wrong with you?

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
When firms conduct polls, they only survey a small part of the population and always end up with an accurate prediction of the actual vote results.

So if we only have a small diverse portion of the population voting, would it not be an accurate representation of the overall population's will?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
When firms conduct polls, they only survey a small part of the population and always end up with an accurate prediction of the actual vote results.

So if we only have a small diverse portion of the population voting, would it not be an accurate representation of the overall population's will?

Checks and balances. If you start using private algorithms and decision making processes to decide who votes and who doesn't, you open yourself up to all sorts of corruption.