It's 84º with 42% humidity and it feels hot, sticky and miserable.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 19, 2001
CA isnt that dry either. A lot of our days can close in on 50% humidity too. Of course that's night and day compared to 90% humidity.

10% humidity is really something to ask for. You can't find that unless you're out in the desert really.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: bignateyk
Quit your bitching. I'm stuck in yuma, az for 2 weeks. Last week it was close to 120 degrees. Whoever said that dry heat out west is alot nicer than humid but lower temperature in the east needs a swift kick in the groin.

I'd take 90 with 50% humidity over 120 with 10% humidity any day of the week.

I actually don't know what is worse. I lived in PHX, and my relatives are in Tucson. I am used to the dry heat. But it can be pretty bad. Going to the river in August (Parker or Lauglin), it can get hot. But I am constantly in water.
Visiting other relatives in the south (Carolinas) and the east coast (NY, NJ, etc.) would be equally sweaty.
I hate sweat.

imported_stev

Oct 27, 2005
It felt better than the 98 we hit on Wednesday up here in Seattle, but we were around 50% rel. humidity with temps in the low 80s today and I did feel the humidity diff. from the usual 20-30% when it's sunny.

To those who think these temps and humidities are a joke compared to what you deal with, keep in mind that a lot of people in the Pacific Northwest don't have air conditioning. My office doesn't even have air conditioning, which sucked last Wednesday!

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
When I walked into work this morning at 6am with 80degree/80%humidity, I was looking forward to it only being 40%.

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
Originally posted by: vshah
104 degrees, 64% humidity here :(

Your profile says you're in Pittsburgh. If you're not, then please disregard the following comment. If you are in Pittsburgh, where the heck did you get 104 degrees from? According to weather.com, it's currently 79 in Pittsburgh with 32% humidity, and the hottest it's been this year was 92 degrees on June 27.

Where I live, it's 88 degrees with 54% humidity and is supposed to be 93 for the next three days :(

Where I want to live (and hopefully will within the next 3 years), it's 76 degrees with 21% humidity, and the hottest day in the next week is supposed to be 81 with the lows hovering around the upper 40s :)

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
In tampa it is currently 92 and 52%

Been like that for nearly 2 months and will probably be like that for 2 months more.

BTW my car's AC has been broken for about a year.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: kalrith

Your profile says you're in Pittsburgh. If you're not, then please disregard the following comment. If you are in Pittsburgh, where the heck did you get 104 degrees from? According to weather.com, it's currently 79 in Pittsburgh with 32% humidity, and the hottest it's been this year was 92 degrees on June 27.

Where I live, it's 88 degrees with 54% humidity and is supposed to be 93 for the next three days :(

Where I want to live (and hopefully will within the next 3 years), it's 76 degrees with 21% humidity, and the hottest day in the next week is supposed to be 81 with the lows hovering around the upper 40s :)

in delhi for the summer :)

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
Originally posted by: kalrith

in delhi for the summer :)

Ahhhhh...that makes a lot more sense :) Woa! It's 90 and feels like 107 there right now! I can't believe the low there is in the 80s! Your weather is like Phoenix with humidity. I'm pretty sure I would die in those conditions. I guess I'll stop complaining about how "hot" it is here.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: invidia
AC in the deep south is pretty much a neccessity. Try sleeping thru the summer with no AC at 80-85F nights with 95% humidity.

Anything below 60F is considered freezing to me.

I sleep with out a/c in the summer. As soon as the temp outside hits 80f we turn the air off. Only bad part is waking up with the sun on you, and its already 80+f. Ughh...that is horrible

on another note, just walked outside where its in the upper 80s with ~60% humidity. Felt pretty good actually