its -15f...School District closed!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
i don't start school till the 26th. but they wouldn't cancel classes unless the abominable (sp?) snowman himself made a debut.

=|

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ncircle
Originally posted by: beyonddc
i wish they can give me a dayoff from work just because it's cold outside.

students are always lucky!

i work for the school district :)
apparently, they couldnt get the buses started this morning hence the delay.
all other districts in the county are open! LOL!

the busses have block warmers, its just that the bus companies are lazy bums and won't use them

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Here in Ohio, I haven't temps that cold in a couple years. I remember throwing a glass of water out into the cold air and seeing it come down as snow and ice.

surrrrreeeee..... :)

25 to 50 below windchill factor predicted for tonight. I heard some discussion of my city's school district cancelling tomorrow, but the school I teach at (13 miles away) hasn't mentioned anything... no rumors here, but it'd be nice!

But, we only plan for 2 or 3 snowdays in our schedule. I'd rather not waste one now, only 1 1/2 weeks past xmas break. (and a couple days before MLK's b-day) I'd rather have a snowday in May when we have 6 uninterupted weeks of classes.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Here in Ohio, I haven't temps that cold in a couple years. I remember throwing a glass of water out into the cold air and seeing it come down as snow and ice.

surrrrreeeee..... :)

25 to 50 below windchill factor predicted for tonight. I heard some discussion of my city's school district cancelling tomorrow, but the school I teach at (13 miles away) hasn't mentioned anything... no rumors here, but it'd be nice!

But, we only plan for 2 or 3 snowdays in our schedule. I'd rather not waste one now, only 1 1/2 weeks past xmas break. (and a couple days before MLK's b-day) I'd rather have a snowday in May when we have 6 uninterupted weeks of classes.

Be interesting to see a snow day called in May in the lower 48.

I have had a snow day in Mid April in New England many moons ago though

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: SaigonK
Thats it? Only -15 f?

Sheesh! With the windchill it is supposed to get down to -60 here at my place!

<EM>Today: Bitterly cold. Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. Dangerous wind chills may approach -55F. High -12F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph.

Tonight: Continued bitterly cold. Mostly clear. Dangerous wind chills approaching -55F. Low -32F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

Tomorrow: Continued bitterly cold. Partly cloudy skies, with gusty winds developing during the afternoon. Dangerous wind chills may approach -55F. High around -10F. NW winds at 10 to 20 mph, increasing to 25 to 35 mph.

Tomorrow night: Gusty winds. Snow showers developing overnight. Cold. Dangerous wind chills may approach -50F. Low -19F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

Friday: Snow showers ending by midday, windy at times. Highs in the upper single digits and lows -6 to -10F
</EM>

Good God! :Q I am very happy right now I don't live in Maine! :p

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SaigonK
Thats it? Only -15 f?

Sheesh! With the windchill it is supposed to get down to -60 here at my place!

<EM>Today: Bitterly cold. Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. Dangerous wind chills may approach -55F. High -12F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph.

Tonight: Continued bitterly cold. Mostly clear. Dangerous wind chills approaching -55F. Low -32F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

Tomorrow: Continued bitterly cold. Partly cloudy skies, with gusty winds developing during the afternoon. Dangerous wind chills may approach -55F. High around -10F. NW winds at 10 to 20 mph, increasing to 25 to 35 mph.

Tomorrow night: Gusty winds. Snow showers developing overnight. Cold. Dangerous wind chills may approach -50F. Low -19F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

Friday: Snow showers ending by midday, windy at times. Highs in the upper single digits and lows -6 to -10F
</EM>

I do not envy you...we usually get crappy weather like that where I live but this year it has ben alot warmer then normal :D

Sysadmin