Italian Ices

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I love Richie's Italian Ice, they're a MA based company so I don't know if they sell it outside the state. I would get a watermelon ice every time I went to farmer's market when I was a kid, one of the best things ever.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
I love Richie's Italian Ice, they're a MA based company so I don't know if they sell it outside the state. I would get a watermelon ice every time I went to farmer's market when I was a kid, one of the best things ever.

Never heard of 'em.

Marino's wins for me over Luigi's because of the good stuff on the bottom of the cup. Luigi's doesn't have that. :(

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: ThePresence

Marino's wins for me over Luigi's because of the good stuff on the bottom of the cup. Luigi's doesn't have that. :(

ditto, i actually saved the bottom part and continued to eat more cups until i put them together. :D

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
hmm...i've had 2 brands. i think one is luigi's but not sure if that was the better of the 2.
can't remember the other brand, and i'm pretty sure it wasn't marino's.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Any icey made with real fruit. Those guys are just diabetes waiting to happen. Luigi's is creamier & less of a sugar rush. Ice King of Corona sucks too.

I had a couple ices that were supposedly made all-natural. They were scooped into cored-out lemon & orange peels. Still sucked.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Coquito
Any icey made with real fruit. Those guys are just diabetes waiting to happen. Luigi's is creamier & less of a sugar rush. Ice King of Corona sucks too.

I had a couple ices that were supposedly made all-natural. They were scooped into cored-out lemon & orange peels. Still sucked.

You can get Luigi's made with Splenda.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Libbys is the best I've ever had ... they are a local place ner me in New Haven CT, but they distribute to 100's of restaurants

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Local places don't count.
I'm talking about ices that are available in your supermarket.

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Haven't had an Italian ice since I was in Connecticut in 1960 and you have to bring it up.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Rita's. :)
Their cherry ice has little bits of cherry.

Other good stuff: Turkey Hill brand cherry Italian ice gelati style. It's some brand of cherry italian ice mixed with vanilla ice cream. Good stuff.

Other than that, I get Luigi's italian ice, or at least I think that's the brand, I really don't remember now. It's the brand they had at the Giant Eagle grocery store, so that's what I bought. :) Nothing exquisite, but then I guess the highest praise that food ever gets from me is "good stuff." Gourmet food is wasted on me. Food is food.

Aquila76

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by: Chronoshock

The convenience store literally one house away from me sells them. I grab one almost daily this time of year, so many flavors. I can't imagine going back to those freezer packs. It's like comparing an Outback steak (Richie's) to a McDonald's cheeseburger (Luigi's).

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
I'm going to swing by tomorrow and pick up a pint of cherry and a pint of lemon.

Good idea! :)

Ever try the chocolate?