It is possible that Democrats will gain, not lose in November. Here's why/how.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I really think that Herschel Walker could be the worst senate candidate ever in a general election. Dude has scrambled eggs for brains. And that he's as close as he is in the polls says something really awful about where our country is.

I think any R passing the mirror test is still like a 5 point race maybe in GA so not shocked. I do think Warnock wins but Abrams loses to Kemp.

Reactions: Captante

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But assuming the new smaller BBB can pass, marriage bill will now stall because of this supposed Dem deception the Repugicans are bitching about, hopefully enough independent do still decide to vote D to maintain the house.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
But assuming the new smaller BBB can pass, marriage bill will now stall because of this supposed Dem deception the Repugicans are bitching about, hopefully enough independent do still decide to vote D to maintain the house.

It wasn't exactly clear there were 10 votes for it (gay marriage) but I'm inclined to think maybe. They don't want to vote on it though...which is why Schumer should bring it to the floor right after reconciliation.

If it passes great. If it doesn't beat the hell out of Republicans with their votes on top of Dobbs.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I dunno exactly what's going to happen in November but I have to marvel at some of the absolutely shitty candidates the Republicans have managed to obtain in key Senate races.

Today's entry: Dr. Oz

Doesn't help that Mastriano has allied himself with the antisemitic nazis at Gab. I guess that kind of violent extremism is mainstream for the Republican party now since that's what they nominated to be PA's gov.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say we're just in one big social experiment to see how fucking low the bar is for holding national/state positions.

They are getting close to hitting the inflection point where depravity and Insanity are just a little too far for the masses and will recalibrate with just as depraved influencers but do it in a more subtle manner.

Reactions: Pohemi

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say we're just in one big social experiment to see how fucking low the bar is for holding national/state positions.

They are getting close to hitting the inflection point where depravity and Insanity are just a little too far for the masses and will recalibrate with just as depraved influencers but do it in a more subtle manner.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, if only because stupidity and incompetence are always simpler answers than malice and evil, so my opinion is that the GOP has been chasing the most diehard, financially enthusiatic supporters they can, at the expense of moderates who donate little to nothing, and the result is that they'e dug themselves a deep rabbit hole, where anyone who isn't an extremist is a RINO.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I really think that Herschel Walker could be the worst senate candidate ever in a general election. Dude has scrambled eggs for brains. And that he's as close as he is in the polls says something really awful about where our country is.

You mean he actually pulled the trigger on a live round?

Its the power engine taking on a life of its own and why you need to get big money out of politics... like yesterday. And Murdoch.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

Yeah a Russian one using ‘MURICA as it’s lab rats

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I'm going to be fascinated to see what PA voters push the button for both Mastriano and Fetterman. White men without college degrees do not like Oz.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Fetterman does seem like he was built in a lab to appeal to non-college whites.

Yeah and he's worked hard to reinforce that image over the long term. He also does the leg work campaigning in places where relatively few people would be inclined to vote for a Dem. Cultural identification is nearly the only force that can swamp rabid partisanship.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Canada $2.47+5.84+2.97+4.97+4.97

UK £1.47+2+1.86+2+2

Australia $1.95+5+2.40+5.50+4.50

Thanks Biden. I knew you’re responsible for world wide price increase!!!!!

But interesting UK packages in smaller quantity than the other 3 nations.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
They last forever and it's just a lot cheaper to buy the big bag.

But I doubt that he even understands that.