It is "Patriotic for Iraqi youth to kill Americans"

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
That aide spoke on condition of anonymity, saying Maliki had not authorized anyone to speak for him. Another aide declined to comment, on the same grounds.

On the issue of clemency for those who had attacked U.S. troops, Kadhimi was quoted in Thursday's Post as saying: "That's an area where we can see a green line. There's some sort of preliminary understanding between us and the MNF-I," the U.S.-led Multi-National Force-Iraq, "that there is a patriotic feeling among the Iraqi youth and the belief that those attacks are legitimate acts of resistance and defending their homeland. These people will be pardoned definitely, I believe."

Link

We are doing a great job with that new government it seems. That is unless your in the crosshairs of one of the people you are there to "protect".

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We will also doubtlessly pardon ourselves for all the Iraqis we killed so I guess that makes us even.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
That aide spoke on condition of anonymity, saying Maliki had not authorized anyone to speak for him. Another aide declined to comment, on the same grounds.

On the issue of clemency for those who had attacked U.S. troops, Kadhimi was quoted in Thursday's Post as saying: "That's an area where we can see a green line. There's some sort of preliminary understanding between us and the MNF-I," the U.S.-led Multi-National Force-Iraq, "that there is a patriotic feeling among the Iraqi youth and the belief that those attacks are legitimate acts of resistance and defending their homeland. These people will be pardoned definitely, I believe."

Link

We are doing a great job with that new government it seems. That is unless your in the crosshairs of one of the people you are there to "protect".

"anonymityand unauthorized."

Words for expressing ones desires and opinions without worrying about repercussions.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
We will also doubtlessly pardon ourselves for all the Iraqis we killed so I guess that makes us even.

Lately I find myself appreciating your comments more and more. Wonder what changed? Whatever, I don't believe a better post will present itself so.....

/thread

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
What do you want an eye for an eye and endless revenge? Let them run their country the way they want and let us take our troops out. They will need the rest so they can re-invade when the new government become anti-American.

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
This isn't anything new. Remember the Cairo conference (last year was it?) that failed to denounce the 'resistance' and granted it legitimacy.

I do see their point though, George Bush said it himself once, nobody likes it when their country is being occupied. Having foreign tanks/troops rolling through your streets is bound to get some people agitated.

I just wished that the Iraqi government also made the MNF's participate in the reconciliation talks as well. Surely there would have been a more delicate way to handle this.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Todd33
What do you want an eye for an eye and endless revenge? Let them run their country the way they want and let us take our troops out. They will need the rest so they can re-invade when the new government become anti-American.
Yup.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004

wrong. remember we killed "insurgents" so there is nothing to pardon.

Don66

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2000
Originally posted by: amish

wrong. remember we killed "insurgents" so there is nothing to pardon.

There would not have been any insurgents if our King George wouldn't have declared war on Iraq.

Our country shouldn't have invaded Iraq.

Don't give me the old tired argument that our military and all the other fascist assholes liberated that country.

If some country invaded my home I would try to kill as many I could.