It appears Tesla is firing the gays

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
His ex wife with 5 of his children, including the one 18 year old twin that is changing her last name to disassociate with Elon, released a text message from one of the 18 year old twins, not specifying who

"'I had a weird childhood,' my 18 year old said to me. 'I can't believe I'm as normal-seeming as I am,'" Justine wrote on Monday, the same day that news of the court documents began circulating.

The mom tweeted that she told her child, "I'm very proud of you," to which the teen replied, "I'm proud of myself!"

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone. There are obviously many people that do want to work at Tesla. Just like any company some like it some don't. Those that don't are free to leave as they see fit.
I thought the company was supposed to change to make the employee feel better about it's job?

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I thought the company was supposed to change to make the employee feel better about it's job?
If a company expects to retain talent and keep employees productive, then changing may be in the cards.

not sure what your post here is really getting at, but I won’t hold my breath waiting for yet another uninformed opinion from you

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Why do Teslas only have one gear?
Because Elon is trans-phobic!
I'll walk myself out.
You know it's kind of funny I was considering buying a Tesla this year but after musk's accumulating blunders a little whilst back decided to just wait for some of the cheaper electric cars coming out by other manufacturers. Just hard to consider myself putting money into that assholes pocket.

Reactions: Drach

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You know it's kind of funny I was considering buying a Tesla this year but after musk's accumulating blunders a little whilst back decided to just wait for some of the cheaper electric cars coming out by other manufacturers. Just hard to consider myself putting money into that assholes pocket.
Yeah, I think F150 Lightning and Hyundai Ioniq 5 are pretty nice alternatives.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Tesla laid off 500 people. How many of those were gay?

edit: It seems out of 500 people a few were likely LGBTQ, no?
that's not the relevant question. The relievent question is how many know gays work for Tesla, and how many are part of the layoff? If it's only 1% of the 500, but the majority or 100% of the gays who work(ed) at Tesla what does that say? Considering we already know that two of them are high profile in the LBGTQ says lot already.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
that's not the relevant question. The relievent question is how many know gays work for Tesla, and how many are part of the layoff? If it's only 1% of the 500, but the majority or 100% of the gays who work(ed) at Tesla what does that say? Considering we already know that two of them are high profile in the LBGTQ says lot already.
Other big corps play the same game with older employees as well. Cut mostly older employees but throw in a couple sacrificial younger person as well, just for the legal defense

Reactions: hal2kilo and Zorba

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Elon is catering to his own right-wing decay, and probably a bit to Texas, but it's mostly just inside him.

The problem is he's not selling Goya beans, a lot of his clientele are left leaning environmentalists. Sure not everyone that wants an electric car is a liberal, but they are an outsized part of his customer base.

I don't see any redneck giving up there gas trucks for electric Cyber truck anytime soon

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Other big corps play the same game with older employees as well. Cut mostly older employees but throw in a couple sacrificial younger person as well, just for the legal defense

That is what makes it a hard hill to climb trying to prove age or sexual orientation or ... discrimination.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
That is what makes it a hard hill to climb trying to prove age or sexual orientation or ... discrimination.

correct, corps have long been wise enough to wink wink nod nod their way thru discrimination. Some lawsuits succeed, others won’t.

the right to fire people in states like Texas is ez on big corps, IMOv it’s one of the main reasons businesses want to go there

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Working from home is not a right as far as I know.
Freedom to work in a way that's most beneficial to both parties is certainly a workers rights issue. I seem to recall this whole group of people that used to argue for it, some kind of union of individuals iirc.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Freedom to work in a way that's most beneficial to both parties is certainly a workers rights issue. I seem to recall this whole group of people that used to argue for it, some kind of union of individuals iirc.

I agree it is an Issue. It still isn't a right. If the boss says you have to be in the office to work then there it is. Don't like it you are free to quit.

I'm not getting into the Union issue can of worms. But I guess they can form a union and press Musk to bend to their desires.

Last edited: