It appears some in the GOP DO have a limit to BS...

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
This is actually shocking. Apparently there is a "too far" when it comes to conspiracy fantasies in the GOP.

It begs the question…

How batshat crazy does one have to be to be too crazy for the Arizona legislature?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/politics/arizona-house-republican-expelled-liz-harris/index.html
CNN —​
State Rep. Liz Harris was expelled Wednesday from the Arizona House of Representatives for ethics violations resulting from inviting a conspiracy theorist to publicly testify before lawmakers earlier this year.​
In February, Harris had invited Jacqueline Breger to present findings of what Breger and Harris claimed were an investigation. Breger spewed a number of lies and attacks against public officials, including Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs. One of those lies spread on social media and resulted in Hobbs responding with a joke before cameras saying, “No, I am not involved with the Sinaloa cartel. I’m not taking bribes from them and I’m not laundering their money.”​
Harris is a well-known conspiracy theorist and election denier in Arizona. She was a constant figure during the GOP-led review of Maricopa County’s 2020 ballots. Election experts condemned the review calling it an attempt to overturn the state’s election results.​

More in depth account here:

Harris' star witness slimed dozens of officials​

Harris, a Chandler Republican and one of the Legislature’s most energetic election deniers, was allowed to hold an all-day joint legislative hearing in February, during which she could produce witnesses to talk about the many ways in which our elections were supposedly stolen.​
For the last presentation of the day, she invited Breger to testify, wherein the Scottsdale insurance agent proceeded to slime dozens of public officials and private citizens, making preposterous, evidence-free claims that they all accepted bribes from the Sinaloa drug cartel.​
About 30 minutes into the 40-minute smear job, Sen. Ken Bennett, R-Prescott, finally objected to the presentation as being inappropriate and asked Breger who invited her to testify.​
“Breger replied that Representative Harris had invited her and then Representative Harris made a gesture moving her hand across her neck and mouthed something to Breger,” the report noted.​
I’m guessing we all know what Harris meant.​

Harris knew in advance and lied about it​

Unfortunately, for her, there’s ample evidence – in text messages, in statements from others – that Harris knew exactly what Breger would say. She even commended Breger for her “bravery” after the hearing.
“You were brave. I knew they would shut it down,” she texted Breger, adding, “took them longer than I thought.”​
The ethics panel found, among other things, that Harris:​
  • “Knew or was at least aware” that Breger would make criminal allegations during the hearing and lied about it to the panel.
  • “Took steps to avoid compliance” with House rules that required advance disclosure of her presentation.
  • Lied to the ethics panel when she said she was surprised or upset by the testimony.
“The Committee does not lightly issue this report but the findings are necessary to protect the integrity of the House,” the panel wrote, in finding that Harris’ behavior was “disorderly”.​

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
if only 1 percent of them are sane its still a batshit party.
Hell, I bet thats a lower number than the nazi party. At least 5 percent of them were sane, and look at the destruction they wielded.
No, if those people have limits, they won't be there long. And they will still ruin America to the best of their ability.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The expelled legislator’s guest attacked the Republican leaders of the legislature. Unfounded allegations, insurrection, and insane attacks on our republic are still perfectly acceptable to Arizona Republicans.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh by the way, what are the rules?
Is she replaced by a deputy representative or vice-representative?
Or is there gonna be a special election?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Oh by the way, what are the rules?
Is she replaced by a deputy representative or vice-representative?
Or is there gonna be a special election?
"By law, Harris must be replaced by a Republican. The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors will choose from a list of three candidates nominated by the Republican precinct committeemen in her district."