issue with a FS/T -- not shipping my item

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
I purchased a phone from someone on here.

I sent a money order for the phone. He said he would ship it the same time. I sent the money order, the date of this was :
lek946 said:
yeah I had to sign off aim today, I had a customer. I will get this out asap. I will also email you a tracking number.

vivithemage said:
sorry! I got called upstairs. I am also at work, haha. I will get the MO out tonight or tomorrow!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxxx hillcrest court
eden prairie, MN 55346

I will send the MO too:

Tommy Conner
334 Merrimac St.
Park Forest, IL 60466

let me know when you get it shipped!!

BTW, I have his ebay account, howardforums username, mailing address,AIM name, and all of this has been saved via PMs. (I even saved the first conversation with him in AIM)

He then goes on to say that he wasnt able to get it out, but he will get it out on 10/10. (10-09-2006, 19:49)
lek946 said:
No, I'm sorry I was unable to get the package out on Saturday. I was going to get it out today but I forgot it was a Holiday and the PO is closed. So this will be going out first thing in the morning (10/10/2006). Sorry for the delay.

vivithemage said:
hey, just curious if you were able to get out the sk2 saturday!

I then get a response on 10-12-2006, 20:12 saying he shipped it on the 12th and that he was not feeling good. He will find the DC and send it my way once he finds it.

I then get a response on 10-16-2006, 20:50 saying he received the phone back because he put 1oz instead of 1lbs on the shipping....He also starts off the message saying something about losing my username and unable to PM me...
lek946 said:
I'm glad you just pm'd me because I lost your username. I recieved your SK2 back in the mail today, I didnt change the weight from 1oz to 1pound, so there wasnt enough postage. I use my business shipping account to ship all items. I will be shipping this out again today and I will respond with the DC# asap. I am very sorry, I also included a prepaid sim card for the trouble.
vivithemage said:
Hey, I still haven't received the sk2.

Have you sent it out at all? Or was I scammed? I think I was scammed because you haven't responded to my PMs and it says your last activity was on

Last Activity: Today 20:40

and I think I sent two pms since then. I dont want to get hasty too soon, but this is why I wanted to use paypal, or something more buyer secure.

Please respond with that DC number or some means of reassurance, or I wil have to do something about this.

I have your address, ebay, and aim, etc. I am pretty sure I can do something with trollhunters if this goes anymore sour.

but, like I said. I dont want to get hastey, please re-assure me.

okay, im getting pretty upset now, thinking I got screwed out of 80 bucks.
then I get this on 10-17-2006, 00:58 :
lek946 said:
Here is the tracking information as promised. Sorry for the delay...

Monday, October 16, 2006

Device ID: 062S0005461549
Print Date: October 16, 2006 - 04:23:53 PM
Mail Date: October 16, 2006
User: tommyc
Customer ID: 2198503
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Return Tommy Conner
Address: Park Forest, IL 60466

Delivery xxxxx xxxxxx
Address: Eden Prairie, MN 55346-3734

Tracking #: 9101010521297134541143

Weight: 1 lb 1 oz

Refund Type: e/Refund
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cost: Postage

Mail Class
Priority Mail®: $4.80

Special Services
e/Delivery Confirmation:

Total Cost: $4.80

Tracking Status

October 16, 2006 ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION
The U.S. Postal Service received electronic notification of your item on October 16, 2006.

I have sent him a PM every day (since the beginning of the transaction, I like to keep contact)saying how I would like a refund or the phone. How the tracking does not work it just says 'confirmation received'

What are my options here? He is a pretty reputable seller. He has some FS items right now in the FS/T section here. I know 80$ isn't a whole lot, but I want it back - or my phone. Any ideas welcome.

This is a post I posted on howardforums as well, so the quoting feature wont work.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: ViviTheMage
This is a post I posted on howardforums as well, so the quoting feature wont work.

Then remove the quote tags or make them [ Q ] s instead, it's making the post unreadable.

crystal

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 1999
Hehe, the electronic notification is not worth the paper it printed on. Since it never got updated, it is a very good chance that he never ships your item. But I would wait for a few (next monday) more days before raising a stink with him.

jlbenedict

Banned
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: SonnyDaze
Have you PM'ed a mod in the FS/T forum yet??

Exactly..

post this in the FS/T forum; threads like this will usually become stickied and get some attention

Jun 19, 2004
Just FYI, thats a "Delivery Confirmation number", not a tracking number. That number just tells him you recieved it essentially. You can't use it to tell if your package is en route or any of that.

Though the message you got for that number means something was sent.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Get the Mods involved at this point.

Minn to Ill will not take a week even with Parcel Post.

People can generate a DC via the computer but actually never use it.

Also, the PO if it is electronically generated does not scan it a pickup and may not always scan it at delivery

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
Just FYI, thats a "Delivery Confirmation number", not a tracking number. That number just tells him you recieved it essentially. You can't use it to tell if your package is en route or any of that.

Though the message you got for that number means something was sent.

I didnt know that.

I will post in the FS/T forums in howard forums.