Question Issue on Gigabyte B450M DSH3 with PCIEx16 slot

jacob_keith07

Dec 26, 2019
Hey all, i’m having an issue with my PCIE x16 slot on this motherboard. i’m using a GTX 1050 and it will not give video output when it is in that slot, but works fine when it is in the x4 slot. i have a 450 watt Corsair power supply, a Ryzen 5 2600, 16 gigs of 3200 Ram, and i know it isn’t pulling more than 450 watts. i put an older radeon graphics card in the x16 slot and it worked fine, so the slot may not be the issue. any idea what it might be?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hmm, rather odd.

1) Is this GTX 1050, a 2GB, or a 4GB ti model (or a 3GB non-ti model, they made those too)?
2) Does the GTX 1050 have an additional PCI-E 6-pin power socket on the end of the card, and 2b) Is it plugged in if so.
3) What was the model of the other GPU that worked in the primary slot?

Also wondering about drivers.

Here's a thought, plug the GTX 1050 into the primary slot, plug the "older Radeon" into the secondary / x4 slot, and then plug the monitor cable into the Radeon, and then boot Windows (if you are able to), and then go into Device Manager, and see if the GTX 1050 is listed under "Display Adapters". You might have to load Nvidia drivers, if it shows up as Basic VGA device.

Also, see if there are any "Unknown Device" listed in Device Manager, with Yellow Bangs next to them. If so, please look up "Hardware IDs", and copy/paste the first few segments of the hardware-id of the unknown device.