Israel's warnings on Iran get quiet nods in Gulf

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Actually this whole thread is just a teaser, because the IAEA is not scheduled to lay out their case against Iran until tomorrow.

But still, in advance of the release of the IAEA report, the larger world seems ready to take positions in advance of the release of the NOV 8 report.

1. Politically, Netanyuhu and Barak in Israel are foursquare for an immediate bombing of Iran, while Military experts inside of Israel take the position that any military attack on Iran is beyond Israeli military military capacity and think that both Netanyuhu and Barak are just plain nuts.-- you making crap up again...military experts in Israel take the position?? yeah right....please link or stfu!!

2. Russia has already said, it opposes any militaray action against Iran.-- Israel doesn`t care about Russia...

3. And in my mind, its the USA who will play the end key decision in the end. And if Obama feels froggie for such an attack, how will he play it. -- ya think?

On one hand Obama could take the slow sell an Iranian war in the same manner GWB lied us into the Iraq war, or Obama could just believe the IAEA bullshit and hope he can later blame the error on the IAEA when an immediate attack turns to shit. Or hopefully Obama will conclude, we don't need another really dangerous quagmire and its time to put a leach on the Israeli pit bull.-- first there will be no Iran war...but Israel will attack Iran when it needs to....thats a fact!! Israel is thye only nation with the balls to pull off such an attack!!

:)

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
And yes Lemon Law, I'm sure that Captain Iran will throw his crescent shaped Islamium shield and slice any Israeli jets out of the sky, and any air strike on Israel's part will turn out to be a colossal failure that ignites the entire world against the evil Israeli Nazis and their plans for the extermination of those innocent Palestinian freedom fighters. Meanwhile the world will wail for forgiveness as Iran cuts off the world's oil supply and the entire 5th fleet is starved to death, signaling the rise of the new world super-power: IRAN! :rolleyes:

Your hatred of Israel basically makes you the kind of person Cartman's character satires on South Park.

Lol! And don't forget Iran will be using guerrilla warfare to defeat the 5th fleet, LemonLaw said so, so it must be right.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
China and Russia will do whatever is in their own best interest. War with the US is about the furthest thing from that.

If WWIII is ever going to happen, it will not start over the Iranian nuclear program. And since Iraq, no politician will be stupid enough to embroil us in another bloody war. At most there will be air strikes, perhaps an Odyssy Dawn Iranian edition. Nothing more.

So, what do you think the USA would do if someone started messing with our oil supply? Well, try telling China that 80% of it's oil supply is now being shut down. Because Israel and US air strikes just bombed took out the refinery. I'm sure they would just be passive about it and say oh well.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
Countries like Suadi Arabia and Jordan are hoping and praying Israel or U.S. strikes iran. Of course, they would never admit it publicly. Escpecially about the Israel part.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
So, what do you think the USA would do if someone started messing with our oil supply? Well, try telling China that 80% of it's oil supply is now being shut down. Because Israel and US air strikes just bombed took out the refinery. I'm sure they would just be passive about it and say oh well.

And why would the Israelis or the US bomb refineries or shut down Iranian oil exports to China? We can attack the Iranian nuclear facilities without taking them over, you know.

Last edited:

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The way I see it. Let Iran be...

Israel already has nukes. Iran will get them sooner or later. I don't think you can take every sight out ... I'm sure they have them all hidden underground. So if one were to attack and take out 80% of Iran nukes then what? They still will produce 20% of it's nukes and they will be pissed and even more of a reason to send a few back to Israel... Tho, that's my take on it...

Best thing to do is let Iran have the bomb if not you'll have to bomb the entire country ... basically bomb them back to the stone age killing thousands of people trying to take over the leadership. I don't see anyway around it and it doesn't make much sense.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
The way I see it. Let Iran be...

Israel already has nukes. Iran will get them sooner or later. I don't think you can take every sight out ... I'm sure they have them all hidden underground. So if one were to attack and take out 80% of Iran nukes then what? They still will produce 20% of it's nukes and they will be pissed and even more of a reason to send a few back to Israel... Tho, that's my take on it...

Best thing to do is let Iran have the bomb if not you'll have to bomb the entire country ... basically bomb them back to the stone age killing thousands of people trying to take over the leadership. I don't see anyway around it and it doesn't make much sense.

So you trust the Iranian government with nukes? The government who's leadership-appointed president has said Israel should be "wiped from the pages of history"? I'm not saying they'd outright nuke Israel, but they'd probably "lose" one to someone who would. Plenty of radicals in positions of power in Iran.

The way around it is to bomb the program into dust whenever it pops up. Maybe we are just delaying the inevitable, or maybe Iran will get sick of being bombed and stop trying.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
Thats ok to have such a cavaleir attitude towards Iran having nuclear weapons.
One day you will wake up to the realization that radical Muslims have set off several nuclear weapons.
I am sure you are familiar enough with nuclear weapons and know that you can set them off at the flick of a switch. Why, if Iran wanted to blow up New York City - it could! I mean, it has nuclear weapons! We all know they can just launch them at ANY major US city and wipe all the people out!!

Or, they just destory Israel,... and then eat nuclear fallout for the next hundred or so years.

:rolleyes:

Sweet Christmas.

It doesn`t matter ours or anybody elses reason for taking down Iran, just the realization that radical Musli9ms will set of a nuclear weapon is reason enough to oppse Iran......
Radical Muslims have pulled off and will continue to pull off some of the most disgusting attacks on civilization - I agree and acknowledge that.

But, they are all crude methods. Well thought out and planned, but crude. Nuclear missles and nuclear explosions aren't something you can create and carry out in the same manner as flying a fucking airplane into a skyscraper or strapping expolsives to your chest.

Stop sensentionalizing a bunch of idiots who have decided they have nothing to live for.

Even though we all know that "supposedly" there are Muslims who just want to live and let live. Do you really want nuclear weapons in the hands of so called radical Muslims?? Especially when they believe that everyday is a good day to die??? hmmmmmm
A nuclear weapon in the hands of a radical Muslim is as probable and useful as a sub machine gun in the paws of a lion. The lion can and will kill you,... but it won't be with the sub machine gun.