Israeli says US denies him entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Linky

JERUSALEM - Prime Minister-designate Benjamin Netanyahu's choice for national security adviser said yesterday that he has been denied an entry visa to the United States for the past two years because US authorities linked him to a Pentagon spy case.

Israeli officials refused to publicly discuss the case of Uzi Arad, a former Mossad intelligence officer and close Netanyahu aide. A US State Department official said visa records are confidential under American law and cannot be discussed.

Arad said American officials erroneously tied him to Lawrence A. Franklin, a former Defense Department official who pleaded guilty to providing classified defense information to two pro-Israel lobbyists. Franklin was sentenced to more than 12 years in prison.

The two former lobbyists for American Israel Public Affairs Committee - Steven Rosen and Keith Weissman - have been charged with illegally disclosing sensitive national defense information to people who are not entitled to receive it.

The 2005 indictment against Franklin, publicly available on the Internet, refers to a meeting he held at the Pentagon cafeteria with "a person previously associated with an intelligence agency of Foreign Nation A and discussed a Middle Eastern country's nuclear program."

Arad confirmed he was indeed that person
and had discussed Iran with Franklin, but insisted the 2004 meeting was "superficial" and had nothing to do with the charges against the Pentagon spy.

"We had coffee and we talked about the agenda of the day - nothing classified, nothing secret, nothing related to espionage," Arad told The Associated Press yesterday. "If I was not a Mossad employee in the past, they would not have noticed me. My sin was that I was in the past in the Mossad. It's not a big deal, and I believe that this issue will be resolved."

Arad confirmed that two years ago, he applied for a visa and but was denied, under section 212-3 (A) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, which bars entry for those suspected of intent to engage in espionage or sabotage. Arad said he has not applied for a visa since.

"With regard to visa records, they are confidential under US law, so I am not able to discuss any particular case," State Department spokesman Robert Wood said yeterday.

If Arad is picked as national security advisor, will the US wipe his "possible espionage or sabotage" tag and get him a visa? Technically, I guess that he doesn't have to travel to the States to do his job. If he does, he'll have to take a boat since he's probably on the "no-fly list."

:laugh:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Good. We have enough Israeli/Mossad spies working against us in this country already...we do NOT need another one.

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Good. We have enough Israeli/Mossad spies working against us in this country already...we do NOT need another one.

just like the US spies on suspects overseas - for Israel, this is overseas, and they do spy on Americans.

Israel has also stolen uranium from DOD contractors in the past - 200 pounds' worth of HEU, highly enriched uranium

"Other deep cover operations included the penetration of a U.S. company that provided weapons-grade uranium to the Department of Defense during the 1960s; Israeli agents eventually spirited home an estimated 200 pounds of uranium as the bulwark in Israel?s secret nuclear weapons program. Moles have burrowed on Israel?s behalf throughout the U.S. intelligence services. "

Breaking the Taboo on Israel's Spying Efforts on the United States

the sheep - or are they ostriches ? - will demonstrate their ignorance of history and call this "tinfoil".

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: wwswimming
Originally posted by: BoomerD

just like the US spies on suspects overseas - for Israel, this is overseas, and they do spy on Americans.

Israel has also stolen uranium from DOD contractors in the past - 200 pounds' worth of HEU, highly enriched uranium --- there is no proof that this happenned other than conjecture!

"Other deep cover operations included the penetration of a U.S. company that provided weapons-grade uranium to the Department of Defense during the 1960s; Israeli agents eventually spirited home an estimated 200 pounds of uranium as the bulwark in Israel?s secret nuclear weapons program. Moles have burrowed on Israel?s behalf throughout the U.S. intelligence services. " --- it`s called spying--we do it all over the world. That I find interesting you post no credible links concerning these matters!
Breaking the Taboo on Israel's Spying Efforts on the United States

the sheep - or are they ostriches ? - will demonstrate their ignorance of history and call this "tinfoil".

Actually I would say that if you believe what you posted I have some swampland in New Mexico to sell you...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It's not kosher to make public the Israeli spying against the USA...:roll:

yet we continue to prop them up with billions of US dollars...

Status
Not open for further replies.