Israel: We Are At War

Page 178 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Its like he's struggling to find the words to say. As if wanting to say more but is constrained by fear of unknown consequences if or when the Lobby turns against him.
Dude's walking a fine line. with shit allies like israel what can you expect

Reactions: Pohemi

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
To think that the US has given them $10.000.000 a day for like..... forever in times without war. If this is their childish response fuck them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi and dank69

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
To think that the US has given them $10.000.000 a day for like..... forever in times without war. If this is their childish response fuck them.
Lol and Bibi stays committed to his "Let's go Brandon!" position. Seriously, fuck that guy for acting like he's the most powerful person in the world.

• Love

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Lol and Bibi stays committed to his "Let's go Brandon!" position. Seriously, fuck that guy for acting like he's the most powerful person in the world.
Almost all US presidents whom he met did not like him.

Mr Netanyahu managed to infuriate Mr Clinton during their very first meeting in 1996, according to Aaron David Miller, the deputy envoy. In his book, The Much Too Promised Land, Mr Miller recalls how the Israeli opened the session with a long, tendentious lecture on the Arab-Israeli conflict, leading Mr Clinton to ask: "Who does he think he is? Who's the superpower here?"

The memoirs of Joe Lockhart, who was the White House spokesman, offer a more succinct verdict on Mr Netanyahu. The Israeli leader was a "liar and a cheat" and "one of the most obnoxious individuals".

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Almost all US presidents whom he met did not like him.

Mr Netanyahu managed to infuriate Mr Clinton during their very first meeting in 1996, according to Aaron David Miller, the deputy envoy. In his book, The Much Too Promised Land, Mr Miller recalls how the Israeli opened the session with a long, tendentious lecture on the Arab-Israeli conflict, leading Mr Clinton to ask: "Who does he think he is? Who's the superpower here?"

The memoirs of Joe Lockhart, who was the White House spokesman, offer a more succinct verdict on Mr Netanyahu. The Israeli leader was a "liar and a cheat" and "one of the most obnoxious individuals".

I'm not even getting into interpersonal stuff. After the U.S. just approved billions in new aid to Israel, mofo just said they'll "stand alone" if they have to. If that's how he wants to treat his staunchest ally, we should call his fucken bluff.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I'm not even getting into interpersonal stuff. After the U.S. just approved billions in new aid to Israel, mofo just said they'll "stand alone" if they have to. If that's how he wants to treat his staunchest ally, we should call his fucken bluff.
I dont think he views the US as a staunch ally, but rather a puppet whom he a large degree of control over. I wonder how many times US officials, presidents reminded him that many of his actions undermine US interests for him to only thumb his nose at them.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I dont think he views the US as a staunch ally, but rather a puppet whom he a large degree of control over. I wonder how many times US officials, presidents reminded him that many of his actions undermine US interests for him to only thumb his nose at them.
I think it’s also that at this point Netanyahu has explicitly aligned himself with the Republican Party and so thumbing his nose at Democrats is just an extension of his overall posture.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005

The Israeli government, especially under Netenyahu, gives me the vibe that they are still playing the Holocaust Card. If you don't bow and kiss his ass, you must be a antisemitic genocidal maniac.

As much as it sucks to say this. Get over it. The holocaust was horrible. No sane person wants a repeat of that. But the Jewish are not the only peoples who had evil perpetrated upon them. And they probably won't be the last. The Chinese had war rained upon them because they tried to block opium. The native Americans were nearly killed off so Europeans could steal their land. Africans were sold as slaves to other countries and lived as sub-human on their own continent. And just look at the poor Palestinians, treated as sub-human in their own lands by the Israelis.

Whatever happened in the holocaust gives them no right to perpetrate evil. Israelis need to stop using the holocaust as a club to validate their shitty behavior.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The Israeli government, especially under Netenyahu, gives me the vibe that they are still playing the Holocaust Card. If you don't bow and kiss his ass, you must be a antisemitic genocidal maniac.

As much as it sucks to say this. Get over it. The holocaust was horrible. No sane person wants a repeat of that. But the Jewish are not the only peoples who had evil perpetrated upon them. And they probably won't be the last. The Chinese had war rained upon them because they tried to block opium. The native Americans were nearly killed off so Europeans could steal their land. Africans were sold as slaves to other countries and lived as sub-human on their own continent. And just look at the poor Palestinians, treated as sub-human in their own lands by the Israelis.

Whatever happened in the holocaust gives them no right to perpetrate evil. Israelis need to stop using the holocaust as a club to validate their shitty behavior.
They have become what they hate. It's been absolutely amazing to see them go from the victims of something absolutely horrific to those that are the perpetrators of something horrific in a mere matter of decades.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Latest poll

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F94f27c50-5ce7-46df-ada4-afecb091cb8b_1890x1068.png
OK…I was on the fence about this, but now I’m convinced. If Republicans don’t believe it’s genocide…then it’s DEFINITELY genocide.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
OK…I was on the fence about this, but now I’m convinced. If Republicans don’t believe it’s genocide…then it’s DEFINITELY genocide.
I remain on the fence.

Oct 7th was a massacre to precipitate a full blown war.
Hamas methods, defending a dense urban warzone, will explicitly result in mass casualties for their own people.
They knew this, they wanted this, they got this.

The reports from Israel certainly call into question the conduct of the war. The day to day and minute by minute decisions. On how to fight, on who to shoot or bomb. A lot of the reports are distressing in the sense that... it reportedly LOOKS like a rampage... a counter massacre. Even a Genocide. There appears to be no effort to seize control of and save the non combatants. Things that should be safe, that Israel declares safe... are death traps.

I would only fight like that if it was a fight to the death.
Is Israel justified in feeling that way following Oct 7th?
Or have they used it as an excuse to go too far?

I can neither endorse Israel's reported actions, nor accept a ceasefire in which Hamas still exists.

The proper outcome would be for Israel to seize Gaza and its people entirely. To intern, disarm, and absorb the people into Israel itself. To make life out of death.
Perhaps that outcome is just an idealistic fantasy, and death is the only practical option humans will allow. If both sides are committed to the annihilation of the other, are they not forcing us to choose a side? Stopping Israel means Israelis will die. Stopping Hamas means Palestinians will die.

What real choices do we have?

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I think it’s also that at this point Netanyahu has explicitly aligned himself with the Republican Party and so thumbing his nose at Democrats is just an extension of his overall posture.
Yep, when even Chuck Schumer, the most senior Jewish senator of the dems is calling on N'yahoo to step down, you know he's lost them. Only AIPAC whores like the repugs still fawning over him.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Its what you get when vast majority of them are tuned to Faux news for their info on the conflict. Like MAGAts who have no sense of reality re Trump, so has Israel become in their minds.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
Yep, when even Chuck Schumer, the most senior Jewish senator of the dems is calling on N'yahoo to step down, you know he's lost them. Only AIPAC whores like the repugs still fawning over him.
I don't know. Bernie has been way more vocal in disgust for what Israel is doing.

Reactions: MrSquished

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I don't know. Bernie has been way more vocal in disgust for what Israel is doing.
Sure, but Schumer is a hard core pro-Israelite and this was quite unexpected from him. Bernie was never to that extent and too much of a leftie to have allowed it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I remain on the fence.

What real choices do we have?
What if there is no fence and nobody chose? How is it that children who would be playing together in no time at the age of three want to kill each other by the age of 15? What changed?

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Israeli government has gone fully off the deep end.

They've always treated the UN and international law with contempt since their founding in 1948, even though they signed up to the charter. They flout it at will or cite it it selectively when it may be to their advantage. Most egregious of all is their lying narrative on almost everything related to the conflict and their heavy reliance on gaslighting the mostly uninformed masses in the west.